Asian Veggies with a Mediterranean Touch
To balance the way I feel and function, I tend to regard the PH value of food. Like an atmosphere, our gut colon has biota that thrives and helps build immunity. Since all that bad bacteria lives in mucus, that tends to build up when one lives too acidic by consuming certain foods and drinking too less, I always keep alkaline veggies in mind.
During October 2019 my cravings for alkaline food became so strong, that I kept having dreams about staying away from nightshades and getting more into cabbages. In my dream I was giving a lecture to myself about bioavailability and the colon. I woke up with a cabbage craving. After researching, my dreams actually had some corroborating facts.
- Green Chili
- Fresh Oregano
- Fresh Thyme
- Oyster Mushrooms (the label said agaricus bisporus) / Pleurotus Ostreatus
- Savoy Cabbage
- Turnip Greens
- Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper unripe)
- Mushroom Sauce
- Soy Sauce (make sure you use a nicely fermented one with less preservatives like Tamari - makes a difference)
- Peanut Oil / Coconut Oil / Olive Oil
- Whole Wheat Flour / Any other Flour (possibly gluten free)
- Nutritional Yeast/ Regular Yeast/ Home Made Yeast (optional)
Firstly you need a Frying Pan, a pan for a Sauce or Fond and one for the Rice.
Chop Garlic and Ginger Brunoise and slice Green Chili. Add 1 Liter of Water and add the 3 ingredients and bring to boil. I also added a bit of bouillon.
Add Mushrooms to a Frying pan with some oil of your choice. I used Peanut Oil.
Chop two Cloves of Garlic minced.
Add Garlic with Black Pepper and a pinch of Salt.
Cut Leek Mire Poix or Slice(Roundelle).
At this point I would also start cooking the rice...
Cut Savoy Cabbage Mire Poix.
Cut Turnip Greens Mire Poix.
Add Savoy Cabbage and Turnip Greens to frying pan.
Add a spoon of yeast. (Optional).. I made this over a few days, just adding flour, water and sugar. Once you get bubbles, the yeast starts growing. (I use it to make Bread)
Add Rice Wine or Rice Vinegar to the frying pan. Or the Sauce/Fond (with Garlic, Ginger, Chili, Bouillon) that is still cooking. 1-2 Table Spoons
Add some Mushroom Sauce to the Fond.
Add a bit of Soy Sauce to the Frying Pan/Veggies
Add The entire Sauce/Fond to the Frying Pan/Veggies and some Flour, then stir.
Add some fresh Pepper/unripe Black Pepper.
Add a bit of Thyme and Oregano (Kindly note that this is experimental and totally how I particularly like my Veggies(with herbs))
Slice Onions and add them.
Now you are ready to serve your meal with Rice. Enjoy!
Here are all my previous recipes, in case you feel like trying something else:
- Vegan Ch**se (made from Sunflower Seeds)
- Lemon-Berry Raw Cake
- Chard Recipe (Simple, Vegan)
- Quick Veggies (vegan)(Pragmatic)
- Vegan Bolognese (asian style)(Pragmatic)
- Jackfruit Curry
- Tarte à la Tomate et à la Moutarde(Pragmatic)
- Spinach, Tofu and Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Vegan Lasagne
- Chocolate Cake Recipe(Pragmatic)
Thanks for stopping by and i'm looking forward to reading your recipes and to posting more simple and effective plant based recipes.
Our ears and within them is one of the most important senses to detect movement of energy. - Soan Shinobi a @yangyanje original
Join Steemians that meditate together: