What happened to Monday?
We all are aware of the increasing population but prefer to ignore the effect of it on earth.
We keep buying, wasting, demanding, stuffing ourselves and although we do not have the money to give our children everything they need (mainly forced upon our throats by governments) and most children will not take care of us once we are elder and in need we keep thinking children are "it".
In 2043 world's population is so extremely high that something has to be done.
Dr Nicolette Cayman, biologist has the solution. One child only (Child Allocation Act) and the rest will be taken away by the CAB and "saved for the future" with help of "cryosleep".
Everyone wears an ID-bracelet and there are checkpoints everywhere. It is hard to set one foot before the other (in many cities it already is).
A grandfather takes care of his 7 granddaughters right after their birth.
Each child is named after one day of the week. They all have to stay inside. From a certain age on their only day outside is the day of the week they are named after. In the outside world they carry the name of their mother Karen Settman. At the end of the day they share/show their day with/to the others (with the help of technology).
Thirty years later the 7 siblings are still alive.
They work at the (euro) bank. It is Monday and an important day. Will they get their promotion or is Jerry in their way?
Monday does not return back home and the others decide to take the risk and find her.
It turns out Monday had a secret life, one she didn't share with her sisters.
Falling in love is a good reason for her to sell out her sisters and let them be cleaned up by Cayman's armee, after all she is the firstborn and therefore the real Karen.
This film can be seen on Netflix. It's a film made by Tommy Wirkola. Noomi Rapace is the one who plays the seven siblings.
It's Saturday, January 11, 2020
The rest of my day wasn't much different from the rest of the week.
I woke up at 4 am but went out at 7 am. Tea time, scratching ice from the windows, driving the bus-kid to the library. I paid the internet, bought some apples and shampoo. Back home I fed the wolves, made a fire and left to pick up the bus-kid at 1 pm.
Sitting in my car I checked some things, paid the prizes and scheduled some posts.
Back home we ate an omelette (the bus-kid had some leftover extra beans) and I watched the film.
After that I checked the laundry and went to bed.
Posted today (Jan. 11, 2020)
- My Entry to Contest - "What does TODAY (Jan 10, 2019) Mean to ME?
- CONTEST/CONCURSO: Looking Back/Look Forward 2:31
- Dpoll 20: Do you look forward to your weekend?
- Kartoffeln (D) / Potatoes (En)
- Anouncement WINNERS Contest Looking back/Look forward Mirando hacia atrás/ mirando hacia adelante contest #CCC 2.30 _I read about the no-nonsense challenge as I visited @sacra97 or @team-ccc I wrote a tip about the tag #sbi-skip. A subject most people do not dare to talk about. Scared to be downvoted. But... #sbi-skip can work out positive too. If you use the tag it does not mean your upvote given by SBI is gone.
- It's Wednesday already We are half the week. For the children, it is a countdown to the weekend. I never had that. Not even as a child.
- About achievements, pen pals and more. My pen pals are inmates.
All links above are steem-bounty.com/services/forever links.
If you use them too you can receive an upvote after the payout!
A different site starts, sign in, read, comment and upvote and see what happens.
Each day I write a diary #forthechildren.
My Diary Days
Diary Day #118 - Januar 10, 2020
My Entry to Contest - "What does TODAY (Jan 10, 2019) Mean to ME?
Use the title: "My Entry to Contest - "What does TODAY (Jan 10, 2019) Mean to ME? - #ccc 2.31" (pick your date).
Hosted by @freedomshift
ccc = #hive-166850
This is an Invitation to join #ccc for Guaranteed 👍 Daily Income 💵 and Payout 💸 for Newbies (2.0) 🐟 🐜 🐛 in #ccc 👣 and Follow 👣 the Honor Code 🏅 - the Creed (Conditions and Limits Inside)
the latest update <<< please click to read.