- Bitcoin Nears $7.5K: Why a Bull Market Is Closer Than You May Think ;
- YouTube, Tron and the Dream of Decentralization ;
- SEC Asks for Telegram ICO Financials Ahead of CEO’s Deposition;
- Bitcoin Network SegWit Adoption Hits 66% After BitMEX Embraces Upgrade;
- Google Play Lifts Ban on Ethereum Browser Extension MetaMask ;
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, January, 5th 💰
- STEEM Trading Update
Welcome to the Daily Crypto News: A complete Press Review, Coin Calendar and Trading Analysis. Enjoy!
Bitcoin price (BTC) is currently resting just shy of $7,500 after an impressive rally from around $6,850 on Friday, Jan. 3. Does this mean the bulls have taken control? Or is this a final relief rally before Bitcoin drops to fresh lows?
Did exchanges manipulate price action?
In last week’s analysis, I highlighted that the CME gap is becoming a regular trading event each week, and less than 12 hours after the analysis was printed, the gap filled to the exact price of $7,265, before the current trend resumed.
The yearly tradition was started by long-term Bitcoin advocate Trace Mayer, who has been urging users to reclaim their monetary sovereignty by removing all of their Bitcoin from exchanges and controlling their own private keys.
The past few weeks have seen multiple instances of large, centralized tech giants censoring crypto-related content and activity. Noticed in the context of the Coinbase Wallet, Apple is pushing back against anything having to do with decentralized applications (dapps).
YouTube caused even more of a stir when it took down hundreds of crypto-related videos from prominent influencers without any warning. It later reversed the action, claiming an error, but it was enough to get many to ask: Are decentralized alternatives possible?
Telegram has been ordered by a judge to explain why it should not have to turn over financials concerning its $1.7 billion initial coin offering (ICO).
District Judge P. Kevin Castel of the New York Southern District Court ordered Telegram to respond by the end of day Friday following a request Thursday by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The SEC said the investment information is necessary ahead of next week’s deposement of three Telegram employees, including founder and CEO Pavel Durov.
More Bitcoin (BTC) transactions now use so-called Segregated Witness (“SegWit”) technology than ever before, the latest data shows.
According to various resources including SegWit.Space, adoption of the protocol has reached up to 66% of all Bitcoin transactions as of Jan. 4.
Two in three BTC payments now SegWit
The volume underwent a significant increase in late 2019, jumping from around 40% in September to nearer 60% in October.
The statistics, however, are subject to variation. SegWit.Space, a dedicated monitoring resource, lists current SegWit propagation as 66%. Other charts, such as transacationfee.info and Woobull, the data resource by statistician Willy Woo, currently put the figure at around 59%.
Major Ethereum browser extension and wallet service Metamask has something to celebrate as 2020 kicks off, notifying its users that Google has now reversed its short-lived ban on the browser add-on.
In a tweet posted on Jan. 1 2020, the MetaMask team revealed that:
“Upon careful consideration, Google has permitted The MetaMask mobile app back on the Google Play (Android) store! Thanks to all the believers in an open web for speaking out in our support!”
🗞 Daily Crypto News, January, 5th💰
- SINOVATE (SIN)
New Year, New Features. Please install the new wallet before January 5, 2020
Event in MKM culture center in Istanbul.
- PIVX (PIVX)
"This is a mandatory wallet update. Sunday, January 5, 2020 12AM GMT at Block 2,153,200."
STEEM Trading Update by my friend @cryptopassion
Here is the chart of my last analysis :
Here is the current chart :
Yesterday, we broke the resistance line at 0.124$ and we are now coming back on it to test if it is a real support or not. We see that the volume and volatility is decreasing so the next move is imminent now. Let's hope it will be a up helped with this support line and that it won't be a new excuse to break that same line. Let's keep an eye on the BTC which has a similar pattern which will impact us when it will start to move also.
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, January, 4th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, January, 3rd💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, January, 2nd💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, January, 1st💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 31st💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 30th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 29th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 27th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 26th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 25th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 24th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 23rd💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 20th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 19th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 18th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 17th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 16th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 14th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 13th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 12th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 11th💰
- 🗞 Daily Crypto News, December, 10th💰