Spring is coming - you know that because the ice is melting and otherwise receding all along the St. Clair River.
The bonus for the escort season is the increased likelihood of multiple ships in a single shot in Marine City, Michigan.
In this shot, we have the US Coast Guard Cutter, Katmai Bay (101), then Canadian Coast Guard vessel Samuel Risley, then Algoterra (a tanker operated by Algoma Corporation.)
I think Katmai Bay is a cute vessel. I recently did a piece featuring Katmai Bay - USCGC 101. In these images, you can see that she's still flying her call sign in the small nautical flags.
Samuel Risley still leading Algoterra. Due to the curve in the river channel here and the approach of the leading ship, I can capture images of the ships changing positions.
Samuel Risley passes the Marine City camera, followed soon after by Algoterra, on her way to Sarnia, Ontario.
Today's images are from:
StreamTime Live - Marine City, Michigan
The sharing of the pictures/cameras is encouraged for the education and enjoyment of all. Please take a look at these cameras on YouTube. (Note that these URLs change from time to time.)
Note: Boatnerd also hosts shipping news, huge amounts of data about almost any "laker" and even many of the "saltie" visitors - and even a book called "Know Your Ships". I would encourage supporting his great work, especially as he has plans to add more cameras in 2021.
If you want to be tagged in future shipspotting posts, please let me know and I'll add you to this list.
(I can also remove you if you wish.)
Today's post also posted on Hive.
Past Shipspotting Posts (on Hive)
- Watching the Ships in Duluth, Minnesota
- Watching the Ships at Port Huron, Michigan
- Trains and Ships on the Mississippi, Fort Madison, Iowa
- Year's End Shipping in Duluth - Dec 31, 2020 - featuring Algoma Guardian, American Spirit, Baie Comeau, Great Republic and Stewart J Cort.
- Persistence Pays Off - Feb 11, 2021 - featuring Morro Bay, Samuel Risley, Griffon and Algosea.
- The Buddy System - Feb 14, 2021 - featuring Griffon, Hollyhock, Algosea, Morro Bay, Algocanada and Iver Bright.
- Downbound Progression - Feb 18, 2021 - featuring Samuel Risley and Algosea
- Upbound Parade - Feb 18, 2021 - featuring Samuel Risley, Algonova, Leo A McArthur and Katmai Bay.
- A Day on the St. Clair - Feb 25, 2021
- Algoma Enterprise Farewell post - Jan 5, 2021 - featuring Algoma Enterprise, Algoma Niagara and Joyce van Enkevort - Jan 5, 2021
- Katmai Bay - USCGC 101
- Mississagi's Final Voyage - Jan 5, 2021
Freewrites that include ship pictures...
- Winter, Writing and Winging It - featuring Drawsko and Federal Oshima.
- American Steamship Company - American Integrity,
- Canada Steamship Lines - Frontenac, Rt Hon Paul J Martin,
- Interlake - James R Barker, Kaye E Barker,
- Canadian - Samuel Risley
- BBC - BBC Swift
Two or more ships -
- Burns Harbor & Stewart J Cort,
- Jamna, Sinaa, Torrent and Federal Dart,
- USCG Biscayne Bay - 104, CCG Samuel Risley, Michigan w/ Great Lakes and USCG Morro Bay - 106
No Ships... (on these ship cameras)
This category is for when the camera operator finds something else fun to focus on, like the peregrines around Port Huron or the beautiful sunrise over Lake Superior as viewed from the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge.
author/designer at A'mara Books
photographer/graphic artist for Viking Visual
(Buy my work at RedBubble, TeePublic, PicFair and DeviantArt.)
verified author on Goodreads
(Buy my books at Books2Read and at LBRY)