Hello teachers, students, and researchers, I am here again today, Sunday, 5th April, 2020, to share this evaluation questions to refresh your minds on Basic Chemistry.
I below compiled a set of guide evaluation questions on "Basic Chemistry" that would help engage teachers/students during this stay-at-home period.
Time Allowed for Test: 1 hour
Instructions: Answer all questions. Some are subjective and some require statements as answers.
Prize: Feel free to use the comments section of this post to attempt the questions. First correct entry wins 3 Steem.
- The process where H2O turns into vapor is called ___
- The process where vapor turns into liquid is called ___
- Differentiate between melting and freezing processes.
- The process by which a solid changes directly to vapor (gas) without first forming the liquid is called ___
- Describe a simple experiment to illustrate magnetization process
- Atoms combine or join together to form _
- _ is a substance which cannot be split into two or more simpler substance by any known chemical process.
- An element is made up of ___.
- All gases exists as ___.
- Differentiate between a compound and a molecule
- The mixture of two or more metals are called __.
- Brass is a mixture of and .
- Calcium trioxocarbonate (IV) is a compound of , and ____.
- State the two division of paper chromatography.
- What is the valency of tetraoxosulphate (vi) Ion SO42-
- What is the valency of Hydrogen trioxocarbonate (IV) ion HCO3-
- State the valency of tetraoxophosphate (v) Ion PO43-
- Define the term valency.
- State the molecular formula of calcium trioxonitrate (V)
- State the molecular formula of Lead II chloride octahydrate.
- Differentiate between molecular and structural formula.
- State a balanced chemical equation for the decomposition of potassium trioxochlorate (V) into potassium chloride and oxygen.
- Calculate the molar mass of Potassium trioxochlorate (V) KClO3
- State the law of conversation of mass.
- In an experiment to illustrate the law of conservation of mass and are placed respectively in a test tube and conical flask.
- State the law of multiple proportion.
- Differentiate between chemical formula and equation
- State the condition necessary for a chemical equation to be useful
- What do you mean by Stoichiometry of reaction.
- One of the following is not the reasons Stoichiometry is studied: a) To establish that the chemical equations are true b) To decide how much of reactant is required to give a certain amount of product c) To determine the amount of sugar in solution.
- A mole is a number of particle, these particles could be , , _ or
- State another name for the number of particles in a mole concept which is approximately 6.02×1023 in magnitude.
- Why was the law of octave in periodic table classification?
- What determines the nature of an atom which also distinguishes it from all other atoms.
- Briefly explain the John Dobereiner’s theory of periodic table classification.
- State the three isotopes of Hydrogen.
- State why Beryllium is used as Atomic fuel containers and for x-ray apparatus production.
- In the earliest attempt for Periodic table classification, which of the scientist was the first to point out a systematic relationship among the elements.
- In contrast to Lothar Meyer, Mendeleev used chemical properties like what and what to illustrate the Periodic Law.
- The effort to reveal the secrets of the periodic table was led by the following scientists except one.
Answers will be shared tomorrow.
I am your Research Assistant @Uyobong. We hope to meet again tomorrow for some helpful educational research tips. Feel free to use the comment section of this post to ask questions so we can interact the more.