Hello teachers, students, and researchers, I am here again today, Wednesday, 8th April, 2020, to share help refresh your mind on Organic Chemistry.
Chemistry is one very important part f living things. This is because it the unique make up of any matter. The make up or constitution of a matter is the essence of its classification or identification. Thus, for science and non-science students, the knowledge of Chemistry is important.
In today's piece, I will be creating some basic questions on Organic Chemistry. These questions would require some deep thinking and detailed explanations as answers. This is to help boost the cognitive part of the students in thinking and argument. You are free to use the comments section of this posts for your answers.
Organic chemistry is a sub-discipline of chemistry that studies the structure, properties and reactions of organic compounds, which contain carbon in covalent bonding. Study of structure determines their chemical composition and formula.
Time Allowed for Test: 3 hours
Instructions: Answer all questions. Some are subjective and some require statements as answers.
Prize: Feel free to use the comments section of this post to attempt the questions. First correct entry wins 3 Steem.
- State clearly how absorption spectra of chemical species are generated?
- In an electromagnetic spectrum, what do you think will be the effects when the red and blue photons that chlorophyll absorbs are subtracted?
- What is the significance of the distinctive colours emitted during the relaxation process of electromagnetic spectrum?
- What are the benefits/harmful effects of ultraviolet light?
- Explain the instrument “spectrometer” in relation to ultraviolent radiation.
- Differentiate between UVA, UVB and UVC in terms of their wavelength, absorption rate and the amount reaching the earth surface
- What is the main cause of sun’s damaging effect on the skin and how does skin cancer starts?
- State the objective and approaches of a given absorbance spectrum
- What are the factors responsible for the amount of UV light reaching the ground in a place?
- State the function of the absorbance spectrum and the spectrum itself in spectrophotometry
- Briefly explain the following terms: (i) Absorbance (ii) Molar absorptivity
- The amount of UV exposure a person gets depends on , and __
- Explain the statement “if the intensity of the light entering the sample is 100, then the transmittance would be 0.82% = 82%
- What is the importance of the Beer-Lambert’s Law as applicable to electromagnetic spectrum?
- Explain the following terms: (i) tanning (ii) monochromate (ii) spectrum (iv) transmittance
- State the absorption ranges and types of vibration of the following hydrocarbons: Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes.
- Explain a typical application of organic Chemistry in life.
- Of what organic group is the recommended major ingredient of hand sanitizers?
I am your Research Assistant @Uyobong. We hope to meet again tomorrow for some helpful educational research tips. Feel free to use the comment section of this post to ask questions so we can interact the more.