There is happening quite a lot in the moment on our Blockchain and it seems that the community is divided into several groups trying to achieve somehow the same goal but with different approaches.
- We have groups that are using the Steem blockchain to announce a new Blockchain and probably to get investment. Fair thing and we wish them good luck. Getting investments for new Blockchains nowadays is not an easy job and I hope they have enough fundings for marketing.
- We have groups that are trying to force the witnesses from Steemit Inc. out, as the force is claiming that the Steem used for voting was never planned for voting witnesses.
- We have groups that are trying in the background to keep this chain whole and gather the interests from all parties to find a working ground together.
1. The TripleA Witness
TripleA is a Movie and TV show review site, based on Steem and Steem-Engine tokens trying to form an alternative platform to make it possible to reward content creators and curators on both sides. During the project, we also realized that a general reward, based on inflation without having the utility for investors is difficult to maintain when the user number is not on a similar level like services without any blockchain technology.
To be able to get more users on our platform we also have seen that we need several parts at the same time to create momentum.
- Big enough marketing budget to onboard users.
- Easier onboarding for users.
- Services and digital products to create enough sink for the token economy.
With the news coming out that Tron may buy themselves into Steemit Inc. we were positive for having more marketing on the Steem Blockchain then before, which would be also positive for the TripleA project.
2. The past
There are a ton of posts about what happened from different views. One thing that we have seen in common is the following part.
- The community does not want the witnesses from Steemit Inc. being kept on the top 20.
- Steemit Inc. would be willing to remove their witnesses and votes when they can be sure that no funds may be frozen ever again.
There is in the moment a lot of talk going on behind between stakeholders that are NOT interested in a chain split because it would eventually weaken the whole community for all sides.
As far as we can see, words can be broken and code can be overridden with power. We will have to choose the difficult way to make a ground where we can at least try to trust each other.
3. The statement
@justinsunsteemit mentioned in a meeting with witnesses, Steemfoundation and the KR community that they would be willing to remove votes and witnesses when they can be sure that no fund may be frozen. A statement from the witnesses would be needed.
To start with it, we would like to inform the following to ensure the first step for a trust-based relationship.
The team behind TripleA and the witness server will NEVER involve nor confirm any action or code that could freeze or limit the stake of anybody on the Steem blockchain.
To emphasize our attention, we have launched our server based on version 0.22.5, which should be a message for Steemit Inc. itself.
We think that Steem is a great place. It does have a very diverse community and maybe also some geeky users but it is still a place where people can come together, get information and live together as a big community. We think that we are now on the edge of a lot of changes and that we may not return to the status quo as before. For that too much has happened already. But sometimes change may be needed to move forward.
We will act, as everybody else here on the chain, to do what we think is right. And that would be to try to establish governance on this chain for all participants.