As a @tipU curator I often find myself out of mana - just as I used my daily ration there's this one more post that I really feel needs to be curated. So far the only solution was to wait for mana reset but now we have new option - mana recharge.
Now, recharging mana is not free of cost as then every curator would have basically infinite curation mana. Instead I've added a mechanic for burning @tipU tokens (sending them to @null) which instantly recharges one vote for the curartor. Let's see how it works.
To buy TPUs:
1. Go to steem-engine and login.
2. Go to market and find TPUs - you can also just click here: https://steem-engine.com/?p=market&t=TPU
3. From the market window use deposit feature and deposit STEEM tokens.
4. Now you can buy TPUs - make a buy order by clicking on the "lowest ask" price and entering how many TPUs you want to buy.
5. Confirm the transaction and you're good to go!
Now let's go to the wallet section and transfer some TPUs to @null
1. Go to your steem-engine wallet.
2. Click on the transfer button
3. Send TPUs to: null
Each TPU sent recharges you one vote so there's no need to send more than the amount of votes you can send daily (this depends on your level).
You can leave the memo empty but if you enter there name of a different curator: his mana will be recharged instead of yours (useful if you want to recharge different curator).
And that's it! Whole operation should take no longer than 1 minute if you have used steem-engine before. I imagine that this feature might be not super popular as curators are used to send free upvotes but please remember this is optional. Also I know I will be using it ;)
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments or reach me on the discord channel. Cheers!
PS. Nominations are paused currently as @tipU is burning voting power to quick. Need to find equilibrium point.