The rules of The Diary Game are quite simple.
However we did find in Season 1 that many people did not follow the rules and guidelines for the game.
We estimate that we lost about 20% of our curation time through people not following the rules - particularly not having the correct tags or titles, not including the date in the title, or submitting posts that were too short or had the wrong type of content.
For Season 2 we are going to expand the rules a little and we are going to be a lot more strict about following the rules.
The [DRAFT] Rules and Guidelines for Season 2 of The Diary Game
We are posting these DRAFT Rules and Guidelines today for comment from the Community.
Following the feedback a final version will then be posted just before the start of Season 2.
The First Rule of The Diary Game is READ THE RULES OF THE DIARY GAME!
The Second Rule of The Diary Game is READ @steemitblog POSTS EVERY DAY TO SEE IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES TO THE RULES!
We accept that the @steemitblog posts are mainly in English but we use a translator to read diary posts in all languages, and also many community members kindly produce translations of the posts.
Here is the draft list of Rules for Season 2...
- Diary Game posts must be about your daily life activities. They should not just be your favorite recipes, stories of your vacation last year, film reviews, retelling of your dreams, political rants...
- The title of Diary Game posts must be in the format - THE DIARY GAME : DATE (including day, month & year) : ANY OTHER WORDS YOU WANT TO INCLUDE
- Diary Game posts must include #thediarygame tag as one of the first five tags - ideally the first one.
- Diary Game posts must also include a # tag to identify your country.
- Diary Game posts can be written in any language. We use Google Translate and DeepL Translator to translate so if you include important information in graphics you should include a transcription in text.
- Diary Game posts must be a minimum of 300 words - excluding any introduction or conclusion (for example thanks to Steemit etc) that is not directly part of the diary post.
- Diary Game posts should not include referral links especially to any crypto or financial sites or products.
- Diary Game posts should include no more than 8 photographs. Photographs should be presented individually not as compilation photos as they are too small to be useful. Screencaptures of games or films count as part of the 8 photos.
- You can only make one Diary Game post for each day of your life. If you are not able to post on one day, you can put two posts up on the next day as long as they cover the events of different days, and are dated to show that.
- Any images used in a Diary Game post must be your own or from a stated copyright free source.
These Rules above are obligatory. If you fail to follow these rules you risk missing out on votes and points for your post.
Here is the draft list of Guidelines for Season 2...
While the Rules above must be followed, we also issue non-obligatory Guidelines to help you make better diary posts.
If you follow all these Guidelines you will likely get higher votes and points.
- Be selective with your use of photographs. Use only the best photos, try to avoid using dark or blurred photos.
- Include a caption with each photo saying what it is and where it was taken.
- If you include photos make sure they are big enough to clearly see what they are.
- Take care of the layout of your post. Use white space to make it easier to read. Break up text into short paragraphs.
- Include as much detail as you can - particularly locations, prices etc.
- If you include prices include a conversion in STEEM or US dollars as well.
- Keep the footer of your diary posts 'clean' - don't fill them with excessive gifs, graphics and links for assorted other communities etc.
- Diary Game posts should ideally include at the bottom a link to your most recent 'This Is Me' or introduction post.
We will shortly be posting a Diary Game Masterclass with more tips and guidance on how to make the best possible diary posts.
Points Scoring of Posts for Season 2 of The Diary Game
Every post will be given a number of points out of 10. The score will be dependent on the content, presentation and interest value of a post.
There will be no separate points for sharing on social media. You are welcome, and encouraged, still to share your posts on social media and if you include the links in a comment on the post we will take that into consideration when deciding the points for the post.
As a new feature for Season 2 we are going to be awarding extra points for posts that are set to 100% SP Power Up rather than the default 50% SBD / 50% SP.
This may not suit everyone but we do want to encourage people to gain Steem Power to be able to give better votes to other Diary Game players. Remember you can earn more curation rewards if you have more Steem Power.
Posting as 100% Power Up is not obligatory and can be done on as many or as few posts as you want.
As well as points all valid Diary Game posts that have followed the rules may get upvotes from one of the @steemcurator accounts. We will announce which @steemcurator accounts this will include before the start of Season 2.
Votes will not given be immediately but some time in the first 7 days. If for any reason we miss the 7 day voting window we will give extra votes to the next diary post.
We do not vote on posts that have used bidbots.
You are welcome to cross-post your diary posts on other similar blockchains but posts that are unique to Steem are likely to be scored higher. We are keen to build unique content on the Steem blockchain.
There are a few new rules and guidelines introduced for Season 2. We welcome your comments and feedback on these especially.
A final version of these Rules will then published just before the start of Season 2.
We particularly hope the Teams will take time to study all the rules and guidelines carefully to ensure their members follow them closely.
The Steemit Team
STEEM POD / Country Representatives / Delegations
We will be making an announcement about the STEEM POD and Country Representatives in the next few days.
The whole system is still under review to find the best way to use the resources available.
We are still on the lookout for more potential candidates for Country Representatives.
A strong commitment to Steem as demonstrated through participation in events like The Diary Game, The Shopping Game and the Lucky 10s is one of the main qualities we are looking for. As well as a good knowledge of how Steem works, not currently powering down and a good voting record.
If you think you can demonstrate these qualities please do make a post and put a link in the comments.
Please do consider carefully whether you match the requirements.
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SHOPPING GAME LINKS IN THE COMMENTS - WE ARE WORKING THROUGH #theshoppinggame TAGGED POSTS