Steem Foundation Elections
It is time for the Steem Foundation to hold its first round of Board of Directors elections.
The current Interim Board of Directors will have served our term at the end of November and it is time for us to pass on the torch to the new board.
Please remember this is a "Working Board", which means that all members must be active and hands-on to operate the Foundation. The Foundation does not have paid staff; the Board of Directors is the staff. Consider your availability and schedule before applying. Please remember this is a not-for-profit volunteer position that cannot be leveraged for any promotional means.
Term of Service
- 6 months minimum
- 10 Nov 2019, 11:59 PM EST
- Candidates should be persons of high integrity, open mindedness and professionalism
- Candidates should be deeply familiar with the Steem ecosystem and have demonstrated their dedication to positively supporting the blockchain and its userbase
- A background in senior leadership roles in general and project management, accounting, human resources, process building, business development, organization and other relevant fields is desired
- Former board experience (on any board) is considered a bonus
- English language proficiency required to ensure smooth collaboration
- The Executive of the Board of Directors includes the roles of Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary
- Directors who will undertake roles in the Executive must provide personal information including their full name, contact details and home address
- Roles in the Executive will be addressed and filled by the Board of Directors following the election of all board members in closed camera
How to Apply
- Fill out the Nomination Form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIhRbJthdsBNp2pBDh3iiM0lUTromR3UFuYFhX6NQbrySZTg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- We will announce your nomination and post your provided biography upon approval
- Applicants may not be on the Steemcleaners blacklist
- The Interim Board reserves the right to reject under-qualified applicants with reason (reasons for rejections may include but aren't limited to failing due diligence or lack of experience)
- Please take due care in preparing your application
- You may NOT fill out an application for another person.
- DPoS-based voting with a cap at 250,000 SP to prevent dominance by a single account (this means that all accounts witith over 250 SP will be eated as if they have ononly 250 SP; accnts with lesess than 250 SP will note affected)
be calculated similar to witness voting
- Proxy voting is not permitted
- Voting will be held on-chain in comments
- All users may partake in the vote
- Votes will be scrutinized and manipulation will be treated as fraud
- Fraud will negate the validity of the cast votes and potentially disqualify the candidate
Q: Do Board Members receive any remuneration?
A: No, this is a volunteer position. No funds, upvotes, or financial benefits of any sort will be received for remuneration purposes.
Q: What executive positions are up for re-election?
A: All positions.
Q: Is the Steem Foundation owned/influenced by Steemit Inc?
A: No. The Steem Foundation is a standalone entity and is unrelated to Steemit Inc. Any sponsorship received or potential does not indicate ownership or influence in any way.
Q: Is the role of the Steem Foundation to manage Steemit Inc's holdings?
A: No. The Steem Foundation has nothing to do with Steemit Inc's holdings in any way.
Q: Does the Steem Foundation exist outside of the Steem ecosystem?
A: Yes, the Steem Foundation is a legal and registered organization.
Q: Is KYC required to be nominated?
A: No. KYC is only required for Executive roles that are determined at a later in-camera election.
Q: I am on the Steemcleaners blacklist. Can I nominate myself?
A: Your nomination will not be accepted. Please address your blacklisting prior to applying.
Q: Can members of the Interim Board and the previous Working Groups apply?
A: Yes, anyone may apply.
Q: What do you mean that fraud during voting may disqualify a candidate?
A: The Steem Foundation is a legal entity that is subject to government regulations and audits. Any sort of attempts at collusion, fraud or manipulation during the election phase will not be tolerated.
Please reply with any specific questions you would like answered and we will address them. Your constructive feedback is appreciated.