Hello Everyone! I always look forward to monday, because it’s a challenge that is close to my heart, #fruitsandveggiesmonday by @lenasveganliving. Thank you again @lenasveganliving and @plantstoplanks.
This recipe I will share with you today is a popular snack, side dish or appetizer from my country, Philippines. We called it Okoy or fritters in english. This delicious recipe consist of squash, additionally you can also add other vegetables you like. It is deep fried in oil and goes very well with a vinegar dipping sauce. It is as well very tasty even without the sauce.
The flavor of this recipe is mild sweet, It’s crispy on the outside and soft inside. It's easy to make too. So if you’re looking for something other than pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie, you can try this tasty recipe and you will be amazed.
- Squash (1 cup, grated or julienne)
- Carrot (¼ cup, grated or julienne)
- Cauliflower (1 cup, grated)
- Onion (grated)
- Garlic (grated)
- All purpose Flour (1 cup)
- Water (½ cup)
- Salt and pepper
- Baking soda (1 tsp) and vinegar (1 Tbsp) for binding the Ingredients
- Coconut oil for frying
- Garlic (finely diced)
- Onion (finely diced)
- Salt and pepper
- Grate or julienne the vegetables and set aside
- Make the batter by combining the flour, water, salt, pepper, Baking soda and vinegar until you achieve a smooth consistency. Add more water if necessary.
- Add the grated vegetables and combine to the mixture and mix until well incorporated
- Scoop the mixture and fry into a Preheated wok pan with oil
- Fry until golden brown
- Line with paper towel to absorb excess oil
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
(I want mine a bit toasted)
It's one of unique ways to incorporate this versatile vegetable in our diet. I hope you find this helpful and let me know what you think.
Thank you and have a lovely day!