Project Affable was announced on 1st September to empower 2nd layer & 3rd layer engagement in Steem Blockchain. Project Affable is an exclusive engagement league that aligns with the major campaigns of #the1000daysofsteem such as #thediarygame.
When it was announced on 1st Sept 2020, we were not aware of the level of challenges, possible abuses, and most importantly its scaling capacity. Therefore we kept it limited to Indian communities only as an experiment so that we could ascertain the various challenges and difficulties.
Project Affable goes Global
As we have a tool now #SCM developed by @neerajkr03 to calculate the Affable Ratio, we are confident and comfortable now at least in the context of its scaling capacity. Therefore with this post, we announce that project Affable is global now, which means its a contest for one and all in #thediarygame.
Note- The Indian participants who have already scored the Affable Ratio will remain intact, however from 16th September 2020, the competition will go up(that is what Project Affable intends to) and you all have to show character in this competition how Affable you are.
The Affable Ratio is a way to elicit how active you are, how deep you can take your engagement, and how valuable you are in this campaign.
Project Affable & Affable Ratio
The project "Affable" aims to reward value engagement for all in #thediarygame. It will always try to align with the major campaigns of #the1000daysofsteem such as #thedairygame or similar campaign to bring optimal effect to the engagement league, to make the reward lucrative for the players. And the participants can potentially win multiple rewards for the same activity.
Similarly, if you participate in #diarydoctor, you can potentially win a prize in project Affable for the same activity, without doing any additional task
Affable means "easy to talk to"-- So always be easy with others when you engage. But that does not mean excessive praise, always engage to the merit of the content in a civilized way. It is more about productive engagement, something meaningful for either side in terms of critical information, individual situations, needs, reactions, sharing, etc.
The project Affable is more about 2nd or 3rd layer engagement than the primary layer engagement. So those who have more 2nd layer or 3rd layer engagement will have a better "Affable ratio" as the weightage for 2nd and 3rd layer comment is more(just double than the primary layer, See the formula of Affable ratio). Generally the second layer and third layer content used to be more valuable and informative, that is why more weightage is given to 2nd & 3rd layer engagement.
Although project Affable empowers 2nd, 3rd layer engagement, the "affable ratio" is not just about 2nd, 3rd layer engagement. The affable ratio is a weighted average ratio of your comprehensive productive engagement and reflections, taking into account primary engagement(1st layer), 2nd layer(3rd layer, or extended layer, if any), nos of onepercent votes & Lucky10's votes from Steemcurator01.
Suppose from 1st Sept to 25th Sept 2020, @neerajkr03 makes 50 first layer comments, 20 second layer comments, 10 third layer comments, 3 fourth layer comments. He also receives 10 #onepercent upvotes from @steemcurator01 and one Lucky10's during this period.
2C= 20+10+3= 33
Affable Ratio= [1C+2(2C)+OP+2(L10)]/6
=> Affable Ratio for @neerajkr03 = [50+(2 33)+10+(2 1)]/6= 21.33
Sample of 1st Layer, 2nd Layer, 3rd Layer engagement
Want to know your Affable Ratio?
Visit this SCM tool developed by @neerajkr03, you will get to know your Affable Ratio in one click. However, at this moment, it will show the Affable Ratio of Indian diarists, from 16th September onwards it will start showing the Affable Ratio for all.
For more details on "how to check Affable Ratio", please visit this post.
This contest will run until the end of #thediarygame Season 2, i.e. 25th September 2020
Total Prize Pool (270 STEEM)
The original prize pool was 200 STEEM. Now the prize pool has been increased and currently stands at 270 STEEM. And it has been divided into three parts:-
- The top 11 winners will share a total pool of 200 STEEM
- Project Affable will allocate 50 STEEM to compensate for the time and effort by @neerajkr03 for the #SCM tool to automate the Affable Ratio.
- As we are still in the testing phase, some participants with malicious intent may try to abuse this contest. Hence a 20 STEEM pool is created to reward the whistleblower. Just tag my user id @sapwood, if you find any abuse of contest Affable(Read the rules and this post for a better understanding of abuse).
Active Participant Criteria
From 7th September 2020 to 25th September 2020, any Indian participant(s) who go inactive(no comments in other's diary post) or dormant for 4 consecutive days in #thediarygame, will not be eligible as a beneficiary of the reward pool, does not matter what the affable score is.
From 16th September 2020 to 25th September 2020, any participant(s)(for all except Indians in #thedairygame) who go inactive(no comments in other's diary post) or dormant for 4 consecutive days in #thediarygame, will not be eligible as a beneficiary of the reward pool, does not matter what the affable score is.
So from 7th September 2020 for Indians(16th September 2020 for others) or from the date of enrollment in project Affable (whichever is later) each participant of contest-Project Affable has to remain active in #thediarygame(as minimum threshold criteria). No activity(no comments in other's diary post) for 4 consecutive days in #thedairygame will render him/her as inactive in the project Affable and hence his/her affable ratio won't be taken into consideration for determining the winner(s) of this contest(project Affable).
Any act of spam/plagiarism during season 2 of #thediarygame will have you disqualified in this contest. However if you have realized what went wrong and trying to be a good actor, trying to restore confidence with genuine engagement and blogging, Project Affable will consider your participation in future contests (maybe as early as October 2020).
- All participants of #thediarygame with an Introduction post are eligible to participate in the project "Affable".
- All the comments in #thediarygame will be taken into consideration for calculating the "Affable Ratio" and based on the Affable Ratio, the top 11 ranks at the end of the campaign will be rewarded.
- Pay attention to what Affable means and accordingly calibrate your engagement in #thediarygame(As described in Project Affable).
- The 2nd and 3rd layer comments have double weightage than the primary layer engagement(first layer comment). The Lucky10's vote has double weightage than the one-percent votes. So go deep and be productive when you engage.
- You can also score Affable Ratio if you respond to the replies in your diary post, should you use the #affable tag at the bottom of your comment, however, comments like "Thank you" or "Thank you for stopping by", etc will not be taken into consideration.
- The comments like "thank you", "wow", "nice", "good", "cool", "nice game from your side", etc or similar comments will not be taken into consideration while calculating the "Affable Ratio".
- Use tag #affable in your comment. At this time, you are using #onepercent #diarydoctor #yourcountryname. So you can use the third tag #affable to this. For example, #onepercent #india #affable or #diarydoctor #india #affable
- If you want to participate in the project "Affable", just comment with "I am affable, your country name". For example, I'm affable, INDIA. (Mandatory)
- Any act of repeating the same comments, and/or any attempt of trying to abuse the engagement league will have you disqualified.
- Active-Participant Criteria and No Spam/Pagiarsim are the minimum thresholds of project Affable.
Result Announcement Date
- 6th October 2020
Note- The project "Affable" reserves the right to amend the rule as & when situations arise to deal with abuse.
The scores(Affable Ratio) of Indian participants will remain intact from the date of their enrollment and subsequent activities. Do note that very few are actively engaging, so it will not create any performance anxiety for you, also a competition should feel like a competition. Otherwise, it is meaningless if there are 10 participants and 11 beneficiaries in the prize pool of 200 STEEM.
I hope it will not create performance anxiety for you. And you still can top the list if you seriously start engaging in #thediarygame. Trust me, 10 days is still enough to win a better spot in the top 11 ranks and earn a lucrative reward. When you do so, you will also start gaining the attention of the Steemit Team because of your hard work. So it is a win-win case, not to mention in the pursuit of winning prizes in project Affable you will get so many #onepercent & #diarydoctor votes.
I have created an account @affable with a long term vision on 2nd and 3rd layer engagement, ultimately to strengthen value engagement in Steem Blockchain in #the1000daysofsteem. The project Affable is here for the long run, so it will organize a contest every month, subject to different programs/campaigns under #the1000daysofsteem.
I must also tell you all that project Affable will make the reward pool lucrative every time it organizes a contest, also will try to keep it inclusive for the genuine participants. So try to engage as much as you can and show the world how Affbale you are.
A participant does not have to do any additional task in project Affable, for the same activity what you do in #thediarygame you will earn the additional reward, should you engage seriously & consistently.
The diarist who posts diary consistently and engages with others regularly can potentially win Steemcurator01 upvotes in #onepercent, in #diarydoctor, Lucky 10's and now they can also win a prize from the reward pool of project "Affable".
(If you have any doubt related to the project "Affable", feel free to ask in the comment section.)
Cc to all the CR's:-
Ghana (@oppongk), Nigeria (@beautychicks, @focusnow), Uganda (@yohan2on), Venezuela (@anasuleidy, @mariita52, @tocho2, @edlili24), Bangladesh (@tarpan, @toufiq777), India (@rishabh99946, @neerajkr03), Indonesia (@anroja, @ernaerningsih, @radjasalman), Japan (@cryptokannon), Pakistan (@rashid001), Sri Lanka (@randulakoralage, @besticofinder), Ukraine (@alexmove, @olesia, @antorv) and New Zealand (@kiwiscanfly), Russia (@knopka145), Argentina (@fendit, @belenguerra), Cameroon (@njiatanga).