Yesterday’s brew started at 7:30 🕢 the idea was to have the most dense mash, so regarding the hydro module we made it 1:2
So 600 liters of water 💦
300 kilos of malt
We made it in 40 minutes
Mash started from 45 Celsius and slowly getting higher to 62 up to 78. We were up for the filtration in 1,5 hours. The idea was to get the most dense wort into the boiling kettle. Such dense wort could cause big problems with the filtration...
But it was so quick, I was excited 😜 only 40 minutes of first wort filtration.
We did a sparging, and collected 500 liters of wort with 12,7 Plato and after that we transferred it into the Wort kettle and added 200 more kilo of malt.
Another 2 hours of mash in and we collecting 500 more wort of 25,7 Plato and transferred it into a boiling kettle.
We continued the same process one more time.
In total we boiled our wort for 8 hours and finally got our wort 28,6 Plato.
Some team members were asleep 💤 as far as we finished in 1:30 🕜