In no particular order, here are today's links from Steem and from my RSS feed. Please consider clicking through to upvote any Steem post(s) on the list.
Also, feel welcome to discuss any of the links in comments. 10% of the rewards from this post have been assigned to each of the authors of the Steem links, and 65% have been assigned to the experimental @penny4thoughts account in order to reward substantive replies.
(Note: Sharing does not imply agreement or endorsement.)
The daily COVID chronicle - June 4, 2020
pixabay license: source
As mentioned in previous posts, here is a visualization tool for mapping the cases of COVID-19 occurrences.
According to the site, this morning's worldwide number of reported cases was 6,535,019 with 2,824,722 recoveries, 386,464 fatalities, and 1,851,520 cases reported in the United States (US). In the US, this represents 12,353 new cases, which is a decline of 9,029 from yesterday.
Of the US cases, the site reports 479,258 recoveries, 107,175 fatalities, and 18,214,950 total tests administered. My own state, Pennsyvlvania, reports 77,780 cases with 49,915 recoveries, 5,742 deaths, and 475,391 deaths.
- Steem @freedumbnews: Retraction: "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis" - The Lancet
- Steem @zafrada: The politicization of Hydroxychloroquine (and science in general)
- Retailers on Rittenhouse Square regroup after coronavirus closures, looting - Even if you're not from Philly, you may have seen Rittenhouse Square as the setting for the the movie blockbuster, Trading Places.
- Small ISP cancels data caps permanently after reviewing pandemic usage - Subtitle: Antietam Broadband cancels cap—Comcast, AT&T only waived caps through June 30.
- “Culture of workplace fear” leads to COVID-19 spread at Amazon, suit says - Subtitle: The suit seeks a ruling forcing Amazon to do better instead of financial damages.
- Legal complaint lodged with UK data watchdog over claims coronavirus Test and Trace programme flouts GDPR - Subtitle: 'Government is moving too fast, and breaking things as a result'
- Coronavirus and the Flu: A Looming Double Threat - Subtitle: The two could come together, making things worse—or our new hygiene habits may actually reduce the flu’s spread
- Covid-19 Leaked Emails: WHO Feared Chinese Scientists Would Suffer Reprisals if the WHO Criticised China
- A drug that cools the body’s reaction to Covid-19 appears to save lives
- “It’s all Bullsh*t” – 3 Leaks that Sink the Covid Narrative - Subtitle: In recent days a series of leaks across the globe have further shown the “official line” on coronavirus does not hold water