The daily COVID chronicle - June 1, 2020
In no particular order, here are today's links from Steem and from my RSS feed. Please consider clicking through to upvote any Steem post(s) on the list.
Also, feel welcome to discuss any of the links in comments. 10% of the rewards from this post have been assigned to each of the authors of the Steem links, and 65% have been assigned to the experimental @penny4thoughts account in order to reward substantive replies.
(Note: Sharing does not imply agreement or endorsement.)
pixabay license: source
As mentioned in previous posts, here is a visualization tool for mapping the cases of COVID-19 occurrences.
According to the site, this morning's worldwide number of reported cases was 6,206,773 with 2,661,643 recoveries, 372,752 deaths, and 1,793,780 cases in the United States (US). In the US, this represents 20,674 new cases which is a decline of 2,586 new cases from yesterday.
Of the cases in the US, the site reports 444,758 recoveries, 104,50 deaths, and 16,936,891 total tests administered. My own state, Pennsylvania, reports 76,129 total cases with 48,190 recoveries, 5,555 deaths, and 455,657 total tests administered.
- Steem @drutter: Silver and Cannabinoids DESTROY Covid-19!
- Steem @meepins: US COVID Update (End of month update)
- Steem @julianhorack: Covid-19 lockdown day 66 – The system is broken, the youth will fix it
- Privacy activists prep legal challenge against UK plan to keep coronavirus contact-tracing data for two decades - Subtitle: It's too long a retention period, say digital rights campaigners
- Meet ACE2, the Enzyme at the Center of the Covid-19 Mystery - Subtitle: Since January, scientists have published more than 700 studies to figure out the molecule’s link to risk for the disease—and to find possible treatments.
- PUBLIC HEALTH Coronavirus Lockdowns May Raise Exposure to Indoor Air Pollution - Subtitle: Smarter cooking and cleaning can lessen the risk
- Cybersecurity ‘pandemic’ is coming in wake of coronavirus, expert warns - Subtitle: As businesses, hospitals, governments scramble to set up online operations amid lockdowns, hackers find fertile ground for attacks, Check Point’s CEO says
- Multiple clinical trials test whether NO gas can treat and prevent COVID-19 - Subtitle: The gas is known to improve lung function, but can it also kill the virus?
- Singapore to accelerate digitalisation of COVID-kicked economy - Subtitle: New agency will hustle small retailers onto digital payments and teach seniors how to Internet
- COVID-19 Has Changed Soundscapes Worldwide (podcast)