If you can, you want your child to eat ONLY nutritious foods at every meal. But let's face it - most kids are picky eaters and don't like to eat vegetables. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to incorporate nutrition into your daily meals that kids won't even notice!
Try these healthy and delicious kid-approved dinner recipes!
Chicken and Cheese Broccoli Pasta
What do you need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups of fusilli pasta
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 half and half cups
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 dashes of Italian seasoning
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
Reduce the heat to medium-low before adding the broccoli. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper (and red pepper flakes if you use it). Stir and remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve topped with Parmesan.
Ultimate Meatball Sub
What do you need:
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1 package of Rosina Italian meatballs
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 small pinch of red pepper flakes
Remove from the heat and place the meatballs and sauce in the hot dog buns (divide into 6 buns). Top each with mozzarella cheese and cook on a preheated grill for 2 minutes (check frequently that they don't burn!). Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Best served with healthy fries or a salad!
You don't have to spend hours and hours in the kitchen preparing a healthy, balanced and above all delicious meal for your picky eater. You just need to be creative and experimental with your cooking! Try these kid-approved dinner recipes - it's sure to ask for seconds!