■ Proposal for the agreement of the down-voting standards
- Down-voting activities have been increased after HF22 allowed free downvoting pools.
- In STEEM blockchain, down-voting is a way of expressing negative opinions or disliking content, and can be used by anyone.
- However, when there is no public consensus within the community on the standards of down-voting, down-voting can be perceived as a means of discrimination.
- As one of the representatives for the South Korean Steem community, we take some down-voting cases very seriously because they are focusing on non-English postings, including Korean postings with unclear reasons.
- These kinds of behaviors are not consistent with the #new-steem intent of "providing appropriate compensation for good content" or with the Steem blockchain ideology advocating censorless SNS.
Example 1: A post that has been down-voted due to the missing thumbnail image.
Example 2: A post dealing with the loss of a friend, in sorrowful emotion, has been down-voted. It is very rude to down-vote a post with this type of content, rather than supporting a person that has lost someone close to them.
- Steem Blockchain is the space where members of different cultures and languages stay together.
- If down-voting is a necessary means for a Steem-blockchain, we believe that the clear consensus among community members on the down-voting criteria is required. In addition, we think that down-voting activities beyond the agreed-upon criteria should be prohibited.
- Based on this context, SCT community proposes the following down-voting criteria:
(1) Clear plagiarism
(2) Posting of personal attack against others
(3) Posting dissemination of false facts (fake news)
(4) Postings related to crime simulation and criminal activity
(5) Racist Posting
- In addition to the down-voting criteria, we also propose implementing features that allow users to choose the reason for down-voting.
Community developers can generate a reason-for-down-voting feature in PR and submit it to a public repository or submit a development proposal with the same content to the SPS.
3. How to Vote
4. Purpose of the Proposal
This proposal is created to record the community's opinion on down-voting criteria within the community in Steem-Blockchain as a consensus manner.
5. What Happens if this Proposal Gets Approved?
If this proposal has been approved, all Steem community members should try to follow these down-voting standards.
- Witness : @ayogom @proxy.token
- Community(founder) : AAA(@triplea.reviews @virus707), ROR(@roadofrich), SAGODA(@sagoda @ksc), SCT(@sct @jack8831), ZZAN(@steemzzang @cjsdns)
- Community CN : @deanliu @ericet @honoru* Community KR : @abdullar @ahnpeter @appletree0831 @aquabox @asd5710 @banguri @bizbenturer @bluengel @bulsik @cheolwoo-kim @corn113 @cyberrn @dakeshi @donekim @dorian-lee @dozam @eagleowl @enviro @epitt925 @feelsogood @fenrir78 @floridasnail @free.zzan @freegon @garamee21 @gfrriend96 @gghite @glory7 goodhello @happy-banguri @happyberrysboy @himapan @hodolbak @holic7 @honeybeerbear @hyokhyok @innovit @ioioioioi @isi3 @jacobyu @jeehun @jjy @joeypark @jsquare @jungch98 @jungjunghoon @kcc @kibumh @kingbit @kitalee @kiwifi @kopasi @kungdel @kwonjs77 @lonose @lovelyyeon @lucky2 @lucky2015 @machellin @minutebuddhism @naha @newbijohn @new-jersey @noisysky @onespringday @parisfoodhunter @parkname @pharm.steemit @philhyuntd @powerego @rainingfall @ramires @realmankwon @relaxkim @ryanhkr @sct.cu19 @sct.cu7 @seraphim502 @seunglimdaddy @skymin @skyoi @smongo @solar-junely @sonki999 @soosoo @tailcock @talkit @tiamo1 @tjayhas @tommycoin @tradingideas @trueimagine @twinpapa @ukk @uzgo @vip @wisdomandjustice @wonsama @ybc @ziq @zzan.blue @zzangu @zzings