Week of 07/29/19 to 08/04/19
We had a large 7 figure sale last week that is going to tip the averages to oblivion! RX.com sold for 1 million dollars last week! It's an amazing domain with the letters being an abbreviation for prescription. Also as short as it is being only 2 letters it's 1 of only 676 two letter .com domains in existence which makes it very rare. The more I think about it, I feel like 1 million is a bit low for this domain! Prescriptions are the medical field / industry, which is a massive money making (and spending) industry. I think "Rx" is probably one of the most recognizable 2 letter abbreviations there is... 1 million might have been a steel on this domain. What do you think? Let me know in the comments.
Here's the Top 20 Domain Name Sales for last week that have been recorded by namebio.com
- rx.com - $1,000,000 - Sedo
- 7f.com - $68,000 - Sedo
- livewell.com - $53,100 - GoDaddy
- aa88.com - $29,600 - GoDaddy
- jru.com - $23,100 - NameJet
- cantonfair.com - $14,500 - NameJet
- aa99.com - $14,500 - GoDaddy
- legalpartners.com - $11,500 - GoDaddy
- raumfabrik.com - $11,154 - Sedo
- unik.com - $10,750 - DropCatch
- gameh5.us - $10,027 - GoDaddy
- tgame.com - $9,001 - NameJet
- scroller.com - $8,766 - NameJet
- kpmg-institutes.com - $8,601 - GoDaddy
- xn--dpvo46e.com - $8,150 - DropCatch
- souke.com - $8,100 - GoDaddy
- apatments.com - $7,500 - NameJet
- healthystore.com - $7,101 - GoDaddy
- moldinspectors.com - $7,100 - GoDaddy
- shophemp.com - $6,300 - GoDaddy
These top 20 sales have a combined total of $1,316,850 dollars making the average sale price $65,843 dollars. As I mentioned above, our average has been skewed big time by that million dollar sale!
About the Names
Today's list contained 19 .com domains, and 1 .us. Dot com almost swept the entire list!
Obviously, Rx.com is an amazing domain... so, aside from that my favorites on the list include livewell.com, JRU.com (this rare 3 letter .com dropped! Someone actually let it expire!), scroller.com, and shophemp.com.