Week of 07/22/19 to 07/28/19
It's tough to start the work week again after a long and active weekend. Friday was a work day followed by a trip to Seattle for an SSG meetup. Saturday was filled with errands and house work. Sunday was not a day of rest but full of more house work, which brings us to today. Happy Monday, it's the start of a new week... let's get right to it.
Here's the Top 20 Domain Name Sales for last week that have been recorded by namebio.com
- lgv.com - $35,000 - Sedo
- esolar.com - $20,750 - GoDaddy
- 4dmedical.com - $17,500 - Sedo
- f98.com - $14,000 - GoDaddy
- 271.cc - $12,499 - DropCatch
- psychiatric.com - $10,849 - GoDaddy
- psychic.co.uk - $9,938 - Sedo
- 99a.com - $9,405 - GoDaddy
- 364.cc - $8,894 - DropCatch
- s95.com - $8,700 - NameJet
- kush.io - $8,150 - Park.io
- fitbug.com - $7,755 - GoDaddy
- loansmart.com - $7,150 - NameJet
- 703.cc - $7,149 - DropCatch
- brwaz.com - $7,000 - Sedo
- kodit.com - $6,805 - NameJet
- bizzkit.com - $6,680 - Sedo
- esfera.com - $6,500 - GoDaddy
- beefinfo.org - $6,223 - GoDaddy
- rethinkrecycling.com - $6,223 - GoDaddy
These top 20 sales have a combined total of $217,170 dollars making the average sale price $10,859 dollars.
About the Names
Today's list contained 14 .com domains, 3 .cc, 1 .co.uk, 1 .io, and 1 .org
Pretty easy to pick the number 1 sale, it's a 3 character .com (LLL.com). That domain is money. After that I like esolar.com, fitbug.com, and loansmart.com. I was actually in the auction for kodit.com but that one went way above what I would have paid for it (almost $7K). The .cc domains are interesting, all of them were numerics just 3 characters long (NNN.cc). I personally don't see any value in the .cc extension nor do I find numerics all that interesting but I'm coming from the view of a brand. Would I name my company this? No? Then it's not a good domain in my opinion.
Finally, I want to point out there were 3 letter-letter-number .coms (LNN.com). I feel the same way about these compared to the NNN.cc domains. The only difference here in my opinion is that you've got a 3 character long .com and that alone makes it worth something. These types of .coms are in my opinion kind of a liquid digital asset. You can always sell them because there are always buyers, but I don't think they're great for brands and thus don't have the enduser buyers (and prices) you will get with a solid brandable .com.