hi food lovers,
slowly slowly as it is getting warmer, i start craving more fresh foods rather than cooked ones and i also started training more intensly again, so am adding more protein to my diet. This led me to vegan bacon.
- sourdough bread (i a german)
- vegan bacon
- avocado (i forgot to ad it into the picture)
unfortunately a lot of avocados have these black spots these days :-(
- i finely chopped chilli, garlic, onions and mushrooms and fried them in a little olive oil until done. i always add salt after, because it sucks the water out of the mushrooms and you end up with mushroom soup, rather than fried mushrooms.
- Put bread on the grill, or into the toaster
- for the avocado spread: scoup out avocados, add finely chopped garlic, salt, and a lot of coriander and juice of 1 lime into a blender, or mash with a fork.
- fry bacon rashes until crispy
- top with parsley and coriander
what do i think of the vegan bacon?
- it is high in protein
- adds something crispy and savory to salads or sandwiches
- i am not crazy about the taste, but i can see people like it!
let me know what your favorite, easy healthy meal is for spring!