Do you know that your career success is dependent on these 5 very simple things?
- What you do; What problem is your business solving?
- How well you do it: Are you excellence-driven? Or do you over promise and under deliver?
- How difficult it is to replace you; Are your skills very common-place or scarce?
- How critical your goods or services are to the consumer; Are your goods a necessity or not? Are they a luxury to aspire towards or are they negligible?
- Where you do it; Is your business located close enough to your target market? It would definitely not be profitable to be a casket builder in a town made up of 85% baby boomers and 15% old people.
Do your research before you start that business. Ask yourself these questions.