Good Morning Beautiful Ladies and friends in the house.
How are we doing, managing our homes and other affairs? I trust we’re all doing well and bracing up to the challenges. We should never give up on our dreams and aspirations too as these determine who we are at the end of the day.
Yes! Am so excited to share something I learnt recently probably because I never believed in its efficacy or because I didn’t tell myself that I could achieve it. But with the need and pressure mounting on me, I decided to give it a trial and to my amazement, it’s working effectively 😳😳💃🏽💃🏽. Am so happy.
So, I haven’t always fancied makeups as a lady except for when the need arises and I got married to a man that doesn’t like makeups too.
I have always desired healthy and beautiful lips without lipsticks and glosses because they keep drying up my lips and forming flakes which sometimes cause me pains.
I then decided to seek out a means to solve this problem and I ran into this recipe. At first, I was skeptical but decided to try it and boom, the result is amazing. 😉
Here we go;
I will love to share my lip balm with a pinky touch. It’s natural and very safe too. I believe a lot of us will try this out. It’s cost effective too. I used the ingredients I have at home. I only bought #200.00 Beetroot, that’s about half a Steem.
- Beetroot (I used two small ones)
- Shea butter
- Olive oil
For the processing
- A knife for peeling the beetroot.
- A grater. Please use the smallest roughest part so it can grate smoothly.
- A bowl for mixing.
- A small container with cover for packaging.
- A spoon
- A sieve or cheese cloth for squeezing out the liquid from the grated beetroot.
- Refrigerator for preservation
- Peel the skin off the beetroot.
- Grate to a smooth paste with your grater.
- Get your bowl, place the sieve on it and scoop the beetroot paste into the sieve.
- With the help of your spoon, apply pressure on the grated beetroot and squeeze out as much juice as possible into the bowl.
- Now, add a teaspoon of olive oil
and a teaspoon of shea butter
and mix until they all combine thoroughly.
You can fake a double boiler if you don’t have the patience and strength to mix them. (Place a pot on fire, add water and allow to warm up. Then hold your bowl of ingredients above the water and it melts in no time).
I prefer everything cold pressed with little or no heat applied because they are more effective.
- Then, pour the mixture into your container and put in the Refrigerator to cool and solidify.
There you go! I have just used this lip balm for about two weeks to confirm it’s effectiveness before I could share it with other ladies who may be in the same shoes with me.
Very soon, I won’t have any more need for lipsticks and lip glosses.
My lips are pickier, healthier and softer too.
Just be consistent and patient and will achieve this in no time.
My lips before my lip balm
My lips after application
Thank you so much @steemwomenclub for always giving us the opportunity to share and thank you Dearest Friends for reading through.