If you do not know what Memehub is yet, check out our initial announce post.
Upvotes for LULz
- We will be making it cost LULz to post a comment. This is to deter comment spamming. We will continue to adjust how many LULz are given out for what as the userbase grows. As well as fight abuse on our platform in general.
- Instead of users bidding LULz themselves to receive part of an upvote from Memehub in our original integration design. We are creating a separate system called "Steem Points" with a set exchange ratio for the cost of steem points per upvote percentage. Steem points will be earned like LULz. This will leave LULz to being a cumlative points score for the plaform itself while steem points handles exchange. Option to have Memehub upvote a specified post will be avilable. Top three memes will still automatically get upvotes rewards daily.
- We have been doing server optimizations preparing for app deployment. The website should be running nice and fast. Apps are still on the way
- Fixed minor bugs like the daily laederboards.
- Working on steem code as you can tell from our test post the other day, lol.
- We need users so that we can start a user moderation system. Say if you have earned X number of LULz, you qualify to be a moderator, you vote whether the memes users are trying to post deserves to be published onto the site every hour. This will help filter out reposts, shitposts, back actors, bad memes etc. Then memehub will pay those we calulate as "good" moderators with a percentage of the SBD earned from Memehub posts as well as steem points. This will highly increase the security of Memehub against anyone trying to abuse the system and ensure a pleasurable experience for users. We need to grow the userbase to get to this.
- Until we reach the userbase base numbers to implement this more broadly, we will be appointing moderators based on merit and reward them with the percentage of Memehub SBD post rewards and steem points. More on applying to be a moderator for Memehub in the future.