As you know, many of the freewriters have moved to Hive, most notably the ones that had helped to keep the Freewriters community free of spammers. In the past, I banned a lot of them since the community was designed to be a place for freewriters who use the prompt for their writing to meet and to support each other.
I don't mind so much when others join in, but sadly, there are many on Steem who are spammers and plagiarists. I don't have the time to check on everyone. Instead, I am going to add a list to the prompt of true freewriters.
I will update the list as I see more names. To make it easy on me, leave a link with your freewrite in the comments of this post - if it truly is a freewrite...
@bold-n-italics, @wonderwop, @uthus2k, @owasco, @freedomtowrite, @thegreatdayne, @wakeupkitty, @isgledysduarte, @freedompoint, @toufiq777,@victoriaxl, @estoesundiario, @fendit
Please support the true freewriters with your comments and upvotes.
Originally, I was going to drop posting the prompt to Steem after Day 1000. But we still have a nice little group of writers here. So, I will keep posting and leave enough SP in my account that my vote makes a little bit of a difference. If any of the mentioned above are interested in moderating the community, let me know.
The Freewrite House has moved mostly to Hive. I will still publish the prompt here. Join the Freewrite House fun on Hive
Prompt: I am frustrated
- Set your timer for 5 minutes
- Start writing
- Use the hashtag #freewrite
- Publish your piece (include a link to this post if you wish)
Copy and paste your URL into the comment section of the prompt post.
- Or, if you don't want to publish your freewrite, just copy and paste as a comment under the prompt post.
I have a favor to ask. If you are on YouTube, can you please subscribe to my Sustainable Living Podcast channel. I am not asking you to watch, just to subscribe. I want to be able to do live Yoga classes and need more subscribers before I can access that function. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA73SuaMBnBIaB5OdiL_y6Q
Freewrite Info, Tips and More
If you don't know what a freewrite is, here is a link to the introduction post.
And @improv's input:
Two things I do a little differently. I just type "timer" into google and it pops up a 5-minute timer. I also type directly into steemit. I also rarely use a photo, don't I? So that's three things.
Please read, comment and vote (if you have voting power) on each others freewrites as much as you can. Especially if you are new to the platform, you will be surprised how many friendships are formed by reading and commenting on each other's work!
- A free app: Grammarly. A lot of us are not native English speakers and I am finding it a helpful app. It will underline spelling and grammar mistakes. Just remember that is is not always right -especially if you use complex sentence structures. Here is the link
- Remember The Most Dangerous Writing App. You set the time - 5 min - and start typing. Don’t stop!!! It will destroy what you wrote if you stop for more than 3 seconds - and backspace does not count as writing on the app. If you are prone to stop and think - this app forces you to keep going. You can make corrections after the 5 minutes are over.
- A timer. Egg timer is a free tool you can use on your desktop to set a time. This is useful for our freewrites or if you want to work in blocks of time and then take a break. Here is the link
- I found this app through @emwalker. Use it regularly and it will help you type faster and more accurately. [10 fast fingers](https://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
- If you know of other helpful tools or people, please share with us!
Staying LegalThis is an excellent article by @dmcamera on how to use images legally. A must read!!
Join us for the daily 5 - Minute Freewrite. Check my profile for a new prompt every day.
All images are my own unless otherwise cited.
Other ways to earn cryptocurrency
I will benefit if you use my links
- Join Mana - Universal Income Project:
- Listen to bitrad.io and earn Bro:
- Want to earn sweat coin by walking outside? Join here
- Join my on Uptrennd - lots of fun and no drama https://www.uptrennd.com/signup/NjgxMzg
Listen to the Sustainable Living Podcast here!
Buy Freewrite House Swag here