When you post through the community - the hive tag as your first- you will need to resteem your post to show up on your blog. You have to resteem from the community. In the future, private communications will be possible through the communities and only what we chose to resteem will appear on our Steem profile
See below for more info on how to join the community. @Felt.buzz made this awesome gif!
Make sure and scroll down and see what is happening at the Freewrite House!!
* Set your timer for 5 minutes
* Start writing
* Use the hashtag #freewrite
* Publish your piece (include a link to this post if you wish)
### Copy and paste your URL into the comment section of the prompt post.
* Or, if you don't want to publish your freewrite, just copy and paste as a comment under the prompt post.
Freewrite in Spanish: Check @latino.romano## Freewrite in German: Check @freiesschreiben
If you like this and want more people to come out and play - resteem!
Also, I would love it if you all check out each others #freewrite and spread some love :)
Comments on each other's freewrite is the stuff our community is made off. I found out through some of you that a comment coin exists now. That initiative is still in its beginning phase, but I am excited about it. I have enough coins now to get the rewards for you started!!
* You earn a coin by leaving a good comment.
* When you have 80 cc (comment coins) you can reward your comments with a coin. Simply add cc as one of your tags.
* We also have coins at the Freewritehouse and will start to give some away as prices.
For more info, check out @commentcoin. I hope we all will be able to reward each other soon!!.
Watch this space for Freewrite House News!!!!
Recommend Your Favorite Freewrite
With all the new community stuff going on, I think I accidentally posted the Recommend post in the Community instead of on the Freewritehous page. Sorry about that. I resteemed it to the page now and you can also find it in the community.
Still sick...Just saying - I will be back - just don't know when.
Check out the Freewrite House for current contests.
What are you waiting for? Rush on over to the Freewrite House!
And @improv's input:
> Two things I do a little differently. I just type "timer" into google and it pops up a 5-minute timer. I also type directly into steemit. I also rarely use a photo, don't I? So that's three things.
Please read, comment and vote (if you have voting power) on each others freewrites as much as you can. Especially if you are new to the platform, you will be surprised how many friendships are formed by reading and commenting on each other's work!
Contests by our Fellow Freewriters
If you are running a contest let me know, I will list it here 😄
* @worldbuilder presents a monthly contest with 50 Steem in prizes! Link to the contest
* @whatisnew - Every Thursday a nature-related photo contest.
Ongoing Contests by supporters of the Freewriters
* Drawing/Comic Contest by @organduo: Pinky And Spiky Drawing Contest
* @rycharde has nonsense writing contest every other week
Let's Do Community!!!
As many of you know, we have a Spanish speaking Freewrite effort going on. The fearless leader is @latino.romano who is putting a lot of effort into building the Spanish language community. Thank you!!
But that is not what I want to talk about today. I want to talk about Venezuela.
If you listen to the news at all, you know that the country is having a lot of difficulties - and many are suffering.
I know that we can't change the country or help all that are suffering, but we can help our Freewrite Community members - at least a little bit.
Please, upvote the following people as often as you possibly can!
And try to sponsor them into SBI.
If you have a business on Steem you want to share, let me know. I will start a dedicated section in the resource portion of the prompt posts.
Spanish Freewrite Initiative
The Daily Prompt is now also being published in Spanish and a Spanish language community is forming.
@latino.romano is the leader of the community and I am sure, he would love for you to stop by and say hello - in any language. If you are bilingual, please feel free to publish you freewrite in both languages and drop the link at both Daily Prompt posts.
Está publicada la versión en español de hoy @latino.romano
German Freewrite Initiative
Sunday through Friday, @isarmoewe is publishing the Freewrite prompt in German. A lovely community is already forming. Find the prompt at /@freiesschreiben
Please visit her blogs and tell all your German friends!
Many of the Freewrite House Contests will be in German, Spanish, and English. Check @freewritehouse
Remember to check your voting power.
https://www.steemnow.com/ or use https://steemworld.org/
Some say that the best strategy is to not vote on comments anymore - we shall see soon if that is true or not. If you have low SP, it probably is a good idea to only vote on posts.
Also, check out @dustbunny - it is structured differently with the same goal in mind
* A free app: Grammarly. A lot of us are not native English speakers and I am finding it a helpful app. It will underline spelling and grammar mistakes. Just remember that is is not always right -especially if you use complex sentence structures. Here is the link
* Remember The Most Dangerous Writing App. You set the time - 5 min - and start typing. Don’t stop!!! It will destroy what you wrote if you stop for more than 3 seconds - and backspace does not count as writing on the app. If you are prone to stop and think - this app forces you to keep going. You can make corrections after the 5 minutes are over.
* A timer. Egg timer is a free tool you can use on your desktop to set a time. This is useful for our freewrites or if you want to work in blocks of time and then take a break. Here is the link
The discord channel Isle of Write* has workshop rooms for fiction, non-fiction, and poetry where some of the experienced writers might be able to give some tips. Join with this link https://discord.gg/zfXNRnK
* If you are ready to get serious about improving your understanding of the English language check out @majes.tytyty blog. He has lots of useful information to understand words and their roots better. You have to go way back - as far as August. But it still is all there.
* If you know of other helpful tools or people, please share with us!
There are many contests on Steemit. From art to music to writing and everything in between. Enter as many as you can!! And take advantage of the free money people give away I listed in the money section below.
There are several people who offer SBD for free on this platform! How great is that!!
Here are a few
* @steemexplorers Check out their profile for more info.
This is an excellent article by @dmcamera on how to use images legally. A must read!!
Remember, we have our own room in the Isle of Write Discord! Join us now!!!
art and flair courtesy of @PegasusPhysics
Join us for the daily 5 - Minute Freewrite. Check my profile for a new prompt every day.
All images are my own unless otherwise cited.
We now have a community!! Join the Freewriters!
* Go to https://beta.steemit.com/
* Sign in with your steem name and posting key
* Go to explore communities
* Join the Freewriters
Post your Freewrite through the community if you wish or use # hive-161155 as your FRIST TAG on a dapp of your choice. Just make sure that they don’t put their own tag as the first.
#SoCalSteemit is building and supporting the Steemit community of Southern California. If you are from SoCal and are into creating quality content here on Steemit, we'd love for you to follow us @SoCalSteemit and join our group on Discord!
Other ways to earn cryptocurrencyI will benefit if you use my links