It seems we're always searching for the perfect diet, perfect food, or that magic pill that'll help to improve our body and yet still tastes good. Just look at the checkout line at your local grocery store... magazines with bold headlines proclaiming the latest diet craze! Most of the time we're looking in the wrong places. Can't find it in a lab, made by man. Not going to find it at the drugstore, again, made by man. Usually, it can be found in nature and is as close as your kitchen cupboard. Honey is a perfect example of gaining health with nature. It's known to have numerous health benefits, yet most people do realize that honey can help your body heal and improve your overall health. After reading the article below, you and your family may want to begin adding a spoonful of honey to your daily diet. *Please check with your doctor about consuming honey if you're diabetic. Also, do not give honey to babies under a year old because it can cause infant botulism, which occurs when a baby eats living bacteria or its spores. The most common cause of infant botulism is eating honey or corn syrup. More info about that here.
1. Lower Your Cholesterol:In a study that was published in the Scientific World Journal participants had to consume 70g of honey for 30 days. The study showed that honey reduced the participant’s total cholesterol by 3 percent. Another study that was published in the Journal of Medicine and Food showed a reduction of up to 8 percent. Honey has no cholesterol at all. In fact, the BBC writes that according to studies at the University of Illinois and others, vitamins and minerals in honey can help reduce levels of “bad” cholesterol. A daily dose of honey has a beneficial effect on the level of antioxidant compounds in the body, which is also believed to fight cholesterol.
2. Sleep Soundly:Have you ever just felt like taking a nap after enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with your family? The reason for this is that there is a compound in turkey that makes us sleepy called tryptophan. Like turkey, honey also contains this same compound and can help you sleep more soundly if ingested before bed. Honey can help people having trouble falling asleep. Like sugar, honey causes an increase of insulin and the release of serotonin: the substance in our body that improves our mood and overall happiness.
“The body converts serotonin into melatonin, a chemical compound that regulates the length and quality of sleep,” according to Rene Ficek, senior experimentalist at Seattle Sutton Healthy Eating. So, if you’re having trouble getting to sleep, why not try a nice cup of herbal tea sweetened with a little honey.
3. Help Lose Excess Weight:Everyone knows that if you want to lose weight, cutting sugar from your diet can do wonder but did you know that its okay to exclude honey from that? Honey is higher in fructose than glucose and can help boost your metabolism which will help you get to your weight loss goal.
4. Clearer Skin:If you want healthy skin, honey is a great substance to consume. Because it is a great source of antioxidants, honey will help clear your body of harmful toxins. Honey also contains antibacterial properties that will keep your skin clear.
5. Stronger Healthy Heart:Research has indicated that by eating honey, you can prevent your arteries from narrowing. Depending on which artery begins to narrow, you could experience cardiac failure, headaches, and even slow memory loss. Research shows that the antioxidants in honey can prevent arteries from becoming blocked, helping to combat a number of heart-related diseases.
In a study, 25 men between the ages of 8 and 68 were given a mixture of 4 tablespoons of honey in a glass of water. It turned out that this raised levels of antioxidants in their blood reported the Daily Mail.
6. Relieves Your Nervous System:The neurons in the body need glucose in order to function properly. The glucose in honey is easily absorbed into the bloodstream which can help relax and alleviate certain psychological symptoms.
7. Healthy Stomach:Honey can help to alleviate indigestion and can also neutralize gas. So, if you constantly suffer from bloating and indigestion, the antiseptic properties that are found in honey can help with that. Honey also has antibacterial properties, so many experts recommend eating a spoon of Manuka honey on an empty stomach, or raw, unfiltered honey works just as well too.
This simple trick can help prevent various diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract, according to several studies. When the honey passes through the stomach it can counteract bacteria and heal small wounds in the mucosa, the researchers believe.
8. Better Memory:The calcium in honey is easily ingested into the brain which helps its function. A 2011 study showed that menopausal women who ate 1 tablespoon of honey a day showed improvement in their memory. Reuters Health also conducted a study that showed a link to better memory with the consumption of honey. The studies included 102 healthy women who were asked to take 20g of honey, a hormonal replacement or do nothing. They followed the participants for four months. After the four months, they found that women who took honey were able to remember one extra word when they were given 15 words to remember during a short memory test. According to researcher Matthew Brennecke, honey also has the ability to help the body absorb calcium, which has a beneficial effect on brain function.
A Natural Antibiotic Combo:For a natural antibiotic, combine honey with garlic, which in and of itself, is among the most potent natural antibiotics, and you will have an amazing natural healing remedy to boost your immune system and support your overall health in many ways. Here is all you need:
- 1 cup raw honey
- 3-4 garlic heads
- a small jar with a lid
Instructions: Clean the garlic heads, separate and peel the cloves, and put them in the jar. Pour the honey over the garlic and cover. Keep the jar in a dark and cool place for several days. After a few days, start taking a tablespoon of the honey garlic remedy on a daily basis, on an empty stomach. Soon, your body will be full of energy, and you will feel healthier than ever! Article source: Organic Facts Shop for raw, organic honey on Amazon, they have some really good deals!
Please check with your doctor before following any natural health remedy.All photos from pixabay.com, pexels.com, unsplash.com, and stocknation.com
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://sharehealthyinfo.com/8-healthy-benefits-to-eating-honey-every-day/