Today I woke up to some saddening news. Something that I could have never anticipated.
Justin Sun has taken control of the top 20 witness spots on the Steem Blockchain. He now controls all of the top 20 delegated proof of stake block produces. Meaning that he can do anything he wants to the Steem Blockchain and there’s not a damn thing we can do to stop him.
Listen & Subscribe to the Steemleo Podcast!
This is the exact reason why the soft fork was put into place — to keep this shithead from doing something like this and taking over OUR blockchain. OUR community’s home.
How did he do it though? I was so confused… that is, until I saw the transaction data.
He did it by paying Binance and Huobi something on the order of half a million USD+ in bribes to STAKE ALL OF THE STEEM held on their custodial exchanges and use it to proxy vote Justin Sun’s witness voting account.
We can’t fully confirm that these were bribes, but millions of STEEM being sent to the exchange accounts from Steemit, Inc. accounts minutes after the proxies are set?? If it looks like a bribe and smells like a bribe….
In this video, I am a bit heated. This is a passionate subject for me.
Steem is not dead. Far from it. We are not the Steem Blockchain. We are a community of Steemians. We can live and thrive anywhere, regardless of what our banner is called.
I believe that this situation will still work itself out. We are a resilient bunch. I, for one, will never stand alongside people like Justin Sun after seeing his true colors.
He’s as bad or even worse than Ned. Sun is a liar, a thief and anti-decentralization and crypto itself. I wouldn’t invest in anything he touches. Ever.
In fact, I hope legal action formulates around this. I hope some government body takes note of this collusion between Sun and top crypto exchanges to take over the Steem blockchain’s governance model. This should not be allowed to be swept under the rug.
Famous people in crypto and reporters are now taking note of what’s happening. I encourage you, as a Steemian, to take to Twitter and social media and voice your opinions and outrage. Show the crypto community that Steemians will not stand for this kind of bullshit intimidation and corrupt governance.
- Steemleo Tweet Thread with live updates on breaking news: https://twitter.com/steemleo/status/1234511916611112967
- User Funds being locked from withdrawal on Binance https://twitter.com/FeruzM/status/1234552656783343616
- Transactions indicating possible bribes to exchanges like Binance and Huobi https://steemd.com/@misterdelegation
- Proxy voting account held by Justin Sun https://steemd.com/@dev365
- Current Top 20 witnesses — all controlled by Sun https://twitter.com/steemleo/status/1234512765550841858/photo/1
- Steemit’s Bullshit Letter explaining their collusion and corrupt activities https://steemleo.com/tron/@steemitblog/an-open-letter-to-the-community-hf22-5
https://steemleo.com is an online community for crypto & financial content creators, powered by Steem and the LEO token economy.
- Learn more about our steem-powered community at https://steemleo.com/faq.
- Trade Steem-based tokens on Leodex at https://dex.steemleo.com
- Buy & Sell Digital Products and Services with STEEM & LEO on the Leoshop at https://shop.steemleo.com