Disclaimer:This is not my own findings or writings,I found these somewhere else and compiled it here because I thought it is better to spread the awareness as the more and more part of the world is suffering from the virus and there is no medicine yet.So in the scenario prevention is the best cure available.
- If you have a cold with a runny nose with sputum (flem) you cannot have this new type of coronavirus pneumonia, because coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough without a runny nose and flem. This is the simplest way to identify the difference . Please tell your friends that the more you know medically you will have a better awareness of identification and prevention if the coronavirus.
- This time, the Wuhan virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed at a temperature of 26-27 degrees. Therefore, drink more hot water. You can tell your friends and relatives to drink more hot water to prevent it. And Go under the Sun. It has been cold recently, and drinking hot water is also very comfortable. It is not a cure but it is good for the body. Drinking very warm water is effective for all viruses! And Try to remember not to drink ice water!
Here are some Doctor's advice about coronavirus:
- It is pretty large in size (cell is about 400-500nm diameter), so any normal mask (not just the N95 feature) should be able to filter it out. However, when someone who's infected sneezes in front of you, it will take a great 3 meters (about 10 feet) before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- When the virus drops on metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours. So remember if you come in contact with any metal surface, wash your hands with soap thoroughly.
- The virus can remain active on fabric for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent should kill the virus. For winter clothing that does not require daily washing, you can put it out under the sun to kill the virus.
About the symptoms of the pneumonia caused by Coronavirus:
- It will first infect the throat, so the throat will have the dry sore throat feeling which will last for 3 to 4 days
- Then the virus will blend into the nasal fluid and drips into the trachea and enter the lungs, causing pneumonia. This process will take 5 to 6 days.
- With pneumonia, comes high fever and difficulty in breathing. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You will feel like you are drowning in water. It's important to go seek immediate medical attention if you feel like this.
About prevention of Corona virus:
- The most common way of getting infected is by touching things in public, so you must wash your hands frequently. The virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 mins, but a lot can happen in those 5-10 mins (you can rub your eyes or pick your nose unwittingly).
- Aside from washing your hands frequently, you can gargle with Betadine Sore Throat Gargle to eliminate or minimize the germs while they are still in your throat (before dripping down to your lungs).