So it was a good day to make music today as the weather was terrible!
Let me take you through the process and equipment I used to create this song today:
So the set up was:
- Logic Pro on a MacBook Pro
- Korg Volca Drum
- Rode NT1A Mic
- Behring Tube Ultragain Mic500 tube preamp
First step was to rehearse a bit on the Korg until I was happy with the sound.
I plugged the Korg directly through an iJam interface which gave me the cleanest sound and then I did a single take recording.
Then I rehearsed some vocals and wrote down some lyrics that came to my head and recorded those over a few takes until I was happy.
After listening through a few times I could tell it needed some bass so I used the "Pulse Legato Bass" synthesizer in Logic with a simple 2 note repeated sequence.
I then added some more vocals including some double tracked harmonies and listened a few more times.
Next I thought it needed something more and you can never go wrong with strings so I tried a few note sequences using the "Studio Violins 1" and after a bit of automation for levels I was happy with it!