WORKHORSE GETS WORKED ON, PROPERTY LINES MARKED, AND A TREE DOWN(HOMESTEAD UPDATE)
I KNEW IT WAS COMING...
But wasn't looking forward to it. When I bought the truck I knew she was going to need a little work. The one thing i was least wanting to work on however, were her broken rear springs.
In the picture above we can see where the fingers pointing. Right there two of the springs are broken and missing...it is this way on both sides. It is important that I replace these if I'm going to use her for moving any serious loads.
You see, the springs are what support the load the the truck, and anything it's carrying or pulling. With two springs being broken on each side the carrying capacity is greatly reduced and because it affects how the truck sits(squatted down in the back) it is also not as comfortable a ride as it could be...so they had to be replaced.
So, after a trip to the junkyard (new springs were $700, used ones are $16) i had my replacements and started the process of getting the workhorse up to speed.
So I got her lifted up on a jack and supported. And after two days, I had finished the job. It was an amazing fight and was not as easy as I thought it would be. But I stayed the course and ended up victorious.
For a little comparison, I put together a before and after picture to help illustrate how much difference it made. Look at the position of the gold stripe compared to the tire in each picture and it becomes obvious how much better she sits now.
I put the pictures in backwards😁😁. The top picture is after, the bottom, is before...but moving on...
Since the property lines and corner have been marked I took the time to spray the trees in between the markers with "no trespass purple" to ensure all are aware of the property lines.