Rice is one of the major food of the Nation, Nigeria. It is basically prepared on sundays, every festive celebrations examples christmas, Easters, mothering sundays, sallah etc. It can be prepared in different ways: jellof rice, white rice and stew, fried rice , coconut rice, rice and banga stew,red oil rice etc.
Whenever you pay visits to friends and well wishers one of the meals presented to you is rice.
I am presenting one of the ways rice is prepared which is my attractive white rice and stew.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE RICE
PREPARATION FOR THE RICE
1) I boiled hot water to per-boil my rice.
2) After perboiling of the rice, i washed twice
3) I put water on fire again. When the water was hot I added little salt, then put the perboiled rice on fire.
4) observing when the rice is done, i didn'tallow the rice to dry up water. I have to sieve it so that it will not be clustered, then covered up
5) while the rice was on fire, washed my carrot and green pea then slice them
6) Then mix the cooked rice, carrot and green pea together
INGREDIENTS FOR THE STEW
Maggi( know I cube)
Chicken glory(one sachet)
Then ripe plantain
After i steemed my chicken.
I Placed the frying pan on fire
Then I fried my chicken, when it was brown in color remove it from fire.
After that I Fried my plantain
picture of the cut plantain before frying
Although have grinded my fresh tomatoes,
grinded fresh tomatoes
Grinded fresh pepper
sliced green pepper
After all these were ready, I cooked the fresh tomatoes to remove water from it
Poured the oil i used for the chicken and ripe plantain inside the cooked tomatoes.
Allowed it for 5minutes meanwhile making sure it does not burn by turning and reducing the rate the fire flows to it
Then I added sachet tomatoes(3)
Allowed it for 3minutes
Then poured my fresh pepper, green pepper at once
Stay for another 5minutes
Added mivina , chicken glory, maggi and the water from the steemed meat.
Then lastly added the curry leaf and salt to taste
Meal is ready.
Come and enjoy with me