When deciding which is the best of several hundreds of cryptocurrency exchanges, a number of key factors need to be taken into consideration.
To qualify as one of the best, it must have high liquidity, paramount security mechanisms and procedures, reliable and precise order execution, and a powerful trading engine to withstand heavy trading volumes under peak volatility - at a minimum.
Next, a trader should pay attention to the platform’s feature suite and tool kit with regards to their personal trading style and strategy. For instance, the range of available assets, technical analysis (TA) indicators, and the ergonomics of the workspace.
Taking these factors into account, then going further into the most advantageous platform features, these are the 3 best cryptocurrency exchanges in 2019:
Overall, PrimeXBT is today’s most empowering major bitcoin trading platform due to the unequaled array of features, financial instruments, and advanced trading strategies that it provides.
Consequently, PrimeXBT has grown exponentially by meeting the increasing demand of traders that seek more profitable trading opportunities with techniques not commonly offered by the majority of existing exchanges.
- Margin trading with the highest leverage of up to 100x available to all of the 5 top cryptocurrency assets, (9 major pairs).
- Access to 30+ traditional financial instruments in FX, commodities, and stock indices with up to 1000x leverage.
- Hedging: go long and short on the same (or different) assets at the same time.
- Advanced order types, hundreds of TA indicators, powerful charting technology, and drawing tools (trade directly off the chart).
- Highly customizable, modern, and user-friendly workspace.
- Multi-monitor support (PrimeXBT is the first crypto exchange with this feature).
- Lowest fees at only 0.05%.
- No KYC.
- One of the best cryptocurrency exchange apps (iOS & Android) that’s congruent with the web platform.
Over the last few years, Binance has built a reputation as one of the world’s favoured crypto-to-crypto trading platforms, with no fiat options to fund accounts or trade against. The Binance exchange offers a wide range of crypto assets, across 540 markets, and is known for its rapid expansion as one of the younger players in the industry.
- The native Binance coin, BNB, can be used within the platform to reduce fees. Also, BNB holders can potentially earn an ROI by engaging in its speculation.
- Binance Launchpad: a token launch platform for up-and-coming projects.
- High liquidity - consistently ranked in the top 3 on CoinMarketCap for trading volume.
- Recently added a margin trading feature with leverage of up to 3x on selected crypto assets.
- Low fees of 0.1%, reducing to 0.5% if BNB is used.
- No KYC.
- Unfortunately, there is no Binance app.
Coinbase Pro, formerly known as GDAX, prides itself on being a trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange due to the fact that it regulated in the U.S and is backed by insurance. Since the platform upgrade, Coinbase Pro now features a greater range of charting tools (beyond basic market fluctuations) and a new design that’s flashy and fast-moving. Despite these developments, trading strategies are limited to basic ‘buy low, sell high’ or ‘HODL’ strategies.
- Real-time order book, trade history data, and the addition of sophisticated charting tools.
- Wide range of both fiat-based and crypto-based asset pairs (50+).
- Futuristic user-interface design (looks really cool).
- Fees are reasonable, yet significantly higher than PrimeXBT and Binance - taking 0.3% on account trading volumes up to - $10M, decreasing to 0.1% if you exceed $100M.
- Extensive KYC required.
- Unfortunately, there’s no Coinbase Pro app.
When it comes to the ‘best’ cryptocurrency exchange, there is no ‘one size fits all’. These 3 top crypto exchanges similarly provide a safe, reliable, and robust trading engine, yet vastly vary in what they contribute to the trading community.
And while each boasts an impressive selection of features and its unique value proposition, PrimeXBT stands out by offering the most lucrative trading strategies that allow for the greatest opportunity to profit.