There are likely dumb laws everywhere and these ones are probably not enforced because well, I don't know how a great many of them possibly could be enforced. That doesn't change the fact that they exist though and at least for me, i find them very funny.
- In Connecticut it is illegal for a barber to hum a tune while cutting your hair
- In Delaware alcohol can not be served in places where there is also dancing (this puts a serious damper on the nightclub scene in Wilmington!)
- In Georgia it is a punishable offense to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket on Sunday
- In Kentucky you are not allowed to paint baby ducks blue and sell them unless you are selling more than 6 of them at a time
- In Maryland it is illegal to use foul language while driving (I have personally broken this law many times while driving in Maryland)
- In New Hampshire it is illegal to collect seaweed at night
- Not to be outdone by Delaware, North Dakota has made it a jailable offense if i person dares to dance while wearing a hat. You can also be charged simply by attending an event with dancing while wearing a hat
sourceThe recent raid of a Fargo annual barn dance resulted in 48 arrests
- In Rhode Island it is a massive offense if you ever bite off another persons limbs (certainly this offense is covered already under other existing laws?)
- And the last one, which is probably my favorite states that in California it is illegal for animals to mate within 1500 feet of a place of worship.
sourceBut i didn't know the law existed! Tell it to the judge son!
I am certain that none of these are actually enforced, but the fact that they ever existed in the first place is a good case for why I think that most politicians are complete morons.
Hope you found it funny!