𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑪𝑹𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵: 𝑇𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑟 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝒉𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝒉𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑤𝒉𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑎𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑟 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝒉𝑎𝑝𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑧𝑦. 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒎 𝑾𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑫𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚.
This particular disease has set so many businesses back and has deprived many a wonderful opportunities. And I'm really worried on how to get over it.
When you procrastinate, instead of working on important, meaningful tasks you'll find yourself doing trivial activities.
This act has set me back on so many things including my work. Sometimes I'd be less busy and got absolutely nothing doing, not that I don't have a task on my to do list but I'm really not doing the right thing at the right time. Mostly when I'm off at work I got some important tasks to perform including updating my blog but instead I use those times to sleep play music and videogames and even hang out with friends, I'd feel real bad about it but I just can't help cause I think I have all the time with me or the tasks is not all that important.
Whether your procrastination is a minor issue that’s simply hurting your productivity, or a major issue that’s preventing you from achieving your goals, you’ve probably tried to overcome your procrastination on your own before, and saw that this can be difficult to do.
Furthermore, you may have looked for advice on the topic, and saw that there is a lot of information out there about how to stop procrastinating, but that most of it is either partial or ineffective. We have to help ourselves if you got any information on how to get over it, I'll humbly welcome any advice you got to offer me and those that has been affected by this particular problem 'procrastination'.
𝑭𝑨𝑪𝑻𝑶𝑹𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑳𝑬𝑨𝑫'𝑺 𝑻𝑶 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑪𝑹𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵:one of the major factor that cause us to procrastinate is 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒆𝒕𝒚, this can happen when our fear outweighs our motivation and self control thereby causing us to loose the courage we have to continue our set goals/plans.
𝑯𝑶𝑾 𝑻𝑶 𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑪𝑹𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵: we can successfully overcome procastination by implementing techniques that allows you to deal with the issues that cause you to procrastinate, I took time to do some research on how to overcome the spirit of procastination and I got some results that if we can be able to implement hopefully will yield a positive impact
- 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙀𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩: one of the factors that draw us back in completing our task is our environment. If we take time to make our environment conducive for taking actions and avoid most of those distracting elements, that'll be the first action we take to overcome procrastination.
- 𝙀𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨: when we're eager to get something done they'll be that force that keeps us going and won't stop until we get the task done. One thing that'll help us to activate that force is asking ourself what we're going to loose if we didn't get the task done at the moment and what we'll gain if we get it done. This will motivate us to keep going and never stop until we get it done. We can get this done no matter how tiny our effort is, even though it might not really be perfect. This has helped me in my own way, for example I got this problem of postponing my time to make do a particular job especially sewing my own cloth and making my post on steemit and when that time comes I'll keep postponing it and later end up not making the post and what motivated me is taking out time to consider things that I've lose all those while that I haven't been posting, I found out that I'm loosing a lot.
- 𝘼𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙚𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨: If we arrange the rewards that we'll get on each of the task we perform which at some case might be relatively small but doing that consistently will help us accumulate more and the most important thing is it'll surely payout in the future.
Other factors that can help include
- 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙖𝙡𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚
- 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙮, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚
- 𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞-𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙣𝙞𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨
- 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨
- 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙜𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙠𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙨
- 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛
- 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩.
𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏: if you take out time to think what's causing you to procrastinate. and then think through the cause of your procrastination and try to resolve it. For example, if your issue is that you’re afraid that you won’t be able to handle the task well enough, you can tell yourself that even if you make a mistake, that’s not the end of the world, and you can correct it later on, that'll booster your morale to carry on. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒈.