Looking for some munchies to spread out on game day? These little protein packed numbers are sure to please!
I grew up not only IN North America but in restaurants and bars in North America so it's safe to say I know a thing or two about Super Bowl Sunday.
That said, I know how everyone starts to panic wondering what to feed their guests to keep them happy the whole day through (because that game is looonnnnggggg!)
The thing is, a lot of munchies are not very healthy for us so I decided to do something about that!
So, here is an easy one for you but it CAN (optionally) require just a tiny bit of prep before the big day (don't worry it's super easy and will only take a minute.)
When we soak nuts (and seeds, lentils, legumes, grains etc) in filtered water, we're breaking down the phytic acid. This means we can absorb it more effectively. Unsoaked nuts can be hard to digest but soaking them can neutralize the enzymes and make it easier for us to digest = happy tummies!
Low in carbs, high in protein (15%), rich in antioxidants and plant omega 3's. These powerhouses are according to plant signatures brain food! Really, brain food? See, when a plant looks like something in our body, there is a theory that it goes to help that area and what do walnuts look like? Exactly! Get your brain food here!
Are you ready? Let the games begin!
What You Need:
(Makes about 4 wraps, adjust if you want to make more)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp chili pepper (adjust for more heat)
- 1 tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- radicchio leaves (or another lettuce leaf like butter lettuce will work perfectly fine)
Optional: steamed asparagus and lemon juice
What To Do:
(This is where that 1 minute prep I was talking about comes into play!)
- Soak the walnuts the night before (my recommendation)
- Add all of the ingredients above into a food processor and pulse until you get tiny pieces.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 mins at 350' or until you see the walnuts are dry and starting to crisp
How I made mine:
- Straight out of the food processor, I placed spoonfuls into the radicchio leaves and sprinkled with some steamed asparagus and lemon juice!
- Wrap the lettuce up like a burrito and enjoy!
Enjoy Sunday with your friends and family everyone!
Sending plant based love as always,
What did you miss from me? Here's what I've been up to lately:
Cleansing Coconut Curry
Easy Veggie Zoodles
Triple Bakon Vegan, GF Burgers
You Should Go and Trust Yourself!
The Art of Saying No!
How to Make the Best Birthday Tacos!
Are You Accidentally Sabotaging Yourself?
Empath Survival Techniques