How about a ride to health on this avocado boat? There is room for you and your friends too!
Making Pretty Avocado Chunks:🥑
Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit then cut from side to side making a tic-tac-toe type of design in the fruit (cut 2 lines horizontally and 2 lines vertically) then use a spoon to scoop it all out!
Why all the fuss about avocados?
Well, it may be all the healthy fats that help you absorb other nutrients, it may be the antioxidants attributed to eye health (carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin), it may be that studies are purporting them to reduce cholesterol levels, it may be because they are filling (therefore requiring one to eat less and possibly lose weight)and it may just be becaus they taste really good and are super versatile!
Let's look under the skins of these babies and see what's inside!
According to Healthline, in a 100-gram serving, avocados pack:
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 20% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
- Potassium: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
Don't forget about the magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin)!
- How many calories? 160
- How much protein? 2 grams
- How much healthy fats (mostly oleic acid)? 15 grams
- How many carbs? 9 grams (7 grams of fiber/ 2 grams "net" carbs)
Sounds pretty good right? So let's make a delicious recipe that brings all of these nutrients into your body!
Stuffed Avo Boats
What You Need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into small pieces)
- ½ yellow onion (diced)
- ½ red bell pepper (diced)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup soaked sunflower seeds
- ½ tbsp olive oil
What To Do:
1) Remove the fruit from the avocado and place aside (you can use an avocado tool or just a spoon, or cut it into squares, whatever you want!)
2) Take the fined chopped carrots and broccoli and steam them in a steaming basket over hot water for about 5 minutes (or until tender)
3) Remove from heat and set aside.
4) In a wok pan or skillet, pour ½ tbsp olive oil onto med heat and add in the garlic, onion and bell pepper, let them work together for a couple of minutes then add in the curry powder and sunflower seeds.
5) After about 3 minutes, add in the carrots and broccoli and mix all together.
6) Finely slice the cherry tomatoes while that’s cooking.
7) Mix the cherry tomatoes into the avocado flesh. (If you want your avocado to be in bites, cube it from the fruit you took out, if you don’t care just smash it into the bowl.)
8) Add the skillet mixture to the avo and tomatoes and stir it all together in the bowl.
9) Spoon it out and place back into the avocado shells.
10) Enjoy! 💚
What did you miss from me? Here's what I've been up to lately:
Sugarless Super Snacks for Super Bowl Sunday
Mind Mapping Yourself Out of Limiting Beliefs
Game Time Greens
Winner Walnut Wraps
Cleansing Coconut Curry
Easy Veggie Zoodles
Triple Bakon Vegan, GF Burgers
You Should Go and Trust Yourself!
The Art of Saying No!
How to Make the Best Birthday Tacos!
Are You Accidentally Sabotaging Yourself?
Empath Survival Techniques
Posted via neoxian.city | The City of Neoxian