You're looking for a crispy snack to satisfy your craving... if only it could be you know, kind of good for you too?
Snack time is usually filled with sugar-laden, carb heavy ingredients amirite?
If you're thinking "No! Not mine! Mine are completely fine!" Well, just take a look at the back of your favorite snack and you'll see what I mean!
If you get past all of the ingredients you can't pronounce or would have to Google to know what they are, you're usually left with some incredibly processed versions of the food that carries the nutrients to give you energy, vitality and overall wellness!
I get it though, they are designed to taste good and give us immediate gratification when we eat them and so we keep on eating them ("bet you can't eat just one" ring a bell?)
The thing is, it doesn't have to be this way and I'm here to show you how you can have your cake and eat it too!
Let's make some:
- Low carb
- Refined sugar free
- Low sugar
Crispy Veggie Bites!
What You Need:
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into small bite sized bits)
- 8-10 round eggplants (called Thai Round Green)
- 10-12 okra
- 2 cups chickpea flour (besan flour)
- 1 cup almond mylk
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp curry spice
- 1 tsp garlic spice (optional)
What To Do:
Pro tip: If you don’t have any chickpea flour you can make your own if you have dried chickpeas-- just throw them in a blender and voila! (That’s what I did for this recipe!)
1) Preheat the oven to 350’F.
2) In a big bowl, add in the chickpea flour and spices and whisk out any clumps.
3) Add in the almond mylk and stir together until it creates a thick, sticky liquid.
4) Meanwhile, steam your veggies in a steaming basket so they are tender.
(This helps them get crispier later!)
5) Add the veggies to the wet mixture and make sure they are completely covered.
6) Place the veggies on an oiled baking tray or wax paper making sure they are not covering each other so they get full heat on each piece.
7) Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the flour mix becomes crispy!
8) Flip and bake the other side for 5-10 minutes, keeping an eye on how the flour is crisping up!
9) Serve with coconut yogurt dip (or your favorite dip!)
What did you miss from me? Here's what I've been up to lately:
Feel Good Crispy Kale Chips
Make Me Strong Super Spinach Salad
Stuffed Avocado Boats
Sugarless Super Snacks for Super Bowl Sunday
Mind Mapping Yourself Out of Limiting Beliefs
Game Time Greens
Winner Walnut Wraps
Cleansing Coconut Curry
Easy Veggie Zoodles
Triple Bakon Vegan, GF Burgers