Looking for an easy recipe that's healthy but still tastes great-- well, look no further!
2020 came around and I started the year off with a 9 day water fast which got me thinking that whole time about what I eat, what cravings I have, what I like to eat and what I wished I ate more of.
What are your biggest cravings? Let me know in the comments!
People ask me all of the time for low carb, easy meals and as a gluten-free vegan (with Italian ancestry) I eat a lot of beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, fruits, grains and well... carbs so I wanted to see what would happen if I dramatically reduced those carbs to make some epic meals!
Well my friends, don't say you can't teach an old dog new tricks because this has been a lot of fun so far and I'm loving having to test my creativity and play with different ingredients!
Move aside corn pasta, make way for the zoodle!
Here is the Veggie Zoodle How To!
What You Need:
- 1 spring onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (use veggie broth if you're avoiding oils)
- 1 tsp black pepper, salt, cumin, coriander
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup steamed asparagus
- 1 cup steamed kale
What to Do:
1) Wok garlic and onion on med heat for a couple of mins in coconut oil, then add in black pepper, salt, cumin and coriander
2) Add in 3 diced tomatoes
3) Add in steamed asparagus (I cut mine into small bites)
4) Add in steamed kale cut into small pieces (take the kale and cut width wise about an inch thick, continue all the way down to the bottom of the stem and toss the stem into compost)
5) Turn down heat and let everything simmer for approximately 10 mins
6) Pour over zucchini noodles (use a spiralizer or buy them pre-packaged)
Serve and enjoy!
Sending plant based love as always,
What did you miss from me? Here's what I've been up to lately:
Triple Bakon Vegan, GF Burgers
You Should Go and Trust Yourself!
The Art of Saying No!
How to Make the Best Birthday Tacos!
Are You Accidentally Sabotaging Yourself?
Empath Survival Techniques