I have a nice stash of homemade soap (both cold press and Melt & Pour) in the homesteading room curing on shelves; but me being me, I wanted to have more on hand for when I have my surgery in two weeks; as I am not sure when I will be able to make more for the homestead.
And since I am always looking for new recipes for my soap, I was pleased to see this one for Lemon Poppy Seed. After investigating some of the benefits of poppy seeds, I knew I wanted to add this combination soap to my stash.
- 1-pound of M&P Goat's Milk Base
- 1-tablespoon Tea Tree Oil
- 1-tablespoon poppy seeds
- 15 drops of lemon grass essential oil
Follow the instructions on the M&P soap base, add the tea tree oil, poppy seeds and essential oil. Stir well and pour into mold. Let sit for a minimum of 24-hours. Then cut and cure for at least six weeks for best results.
Benefits Of Poppy Seeds For Your Skin & Scalp
- moisturize skin
- nourish skin
- they contain linolenic acid which is great for eczema
- exfoliates skin and blemishes
- help with itching or burning skin conditions
- helps relieve dandruff or alopecia on scalp
- split end repair on hair
- rejuvenates hair and gives a nice sheen/shine