I love the scents of lemon and bleach when I am cleaning; for some reason if the bathroom, floors or kitchen don't resonate one of those two cleaning smells, I don't feel as if I have cleaned completely. And since I don't know how to make bleach, I make lemon infused vinegar for my daily cleaning.
I know most people only use the lemon's peel when making vinegar, but I prefer to use the entire lemon; especially in this instance. I had two lemons that were starting to get a little soft and I didn't want to waste them.
I use this lemon vinegar cleaner on my counter tops, in my sink, on the faucets, toilet, tiled floors, stove top and shower stall's walls. It leaves such a vibrant scent of the lemon for hours after the cleaning.
It's so versatile as a cleaner and won't scratch any surface I am cleaning.
- Wash & slice lemons
- Transfer lemon peelings into glass jar
- Pour equal amounts of white vinegar and water into the jar, seal jar
- Set jar aside for 2-3 weeks - but make sure to open jar every day or two to push the lemons back under the vinegar; or you could use a weight t keep the citrus down below the liquid
- Strain the lemon and peels out of the vinegar
- Pour into a spray bottle for cleaning
Since there is vinegar in this recipe, I covered the jar with a plastic lid versus a metal ring.