Since August, 2017 and the release of the first version of the DTube platform, the DTube team has been consistently building up and iterating its product, with great milestones:
Step #1 -25th April: DTube Chain Testnet
In April 25, 2019, We released the DTube Blockchain testnet based on Avalon, a new DPoS social blockchain leveraging the Proof-of-Brain principles.
This testnet has shown great success with a wide interest from the community:
- More than 9,000 active users on the Chain in 1 1/2 month
- More than 1.3 Million blocks produced without a hint
- 1 successful Hardfork
And more important, we validated the bases of the (very exciting) game theory calculations behind the scenes and achieved rather fair social distribution.
At a glance
- DTC and VP earned and burnt in this testnet are TEST TOKENS, i.e they bear no real value
- This testnet will be "deleted" while launching the Mainnet to replace it on the DTube platform. That means all DTC and VP balances will be set back to the initial balances (we will tell the details in specific article about the Airdrop)
- Thankfully, everything else but token balance will be transferred to your Mainnet account:
- Account credentials: private & public key
- Account details: username, profile, etc
- Activity: followers, posts, etc
DTube will conduct the first round of its DTC token sale with 1 Million DTCs available.
This small sale will offer the highest bonus to the DTube and Steem community, find more details here
At a glance
- First sale of 1 Million DTC (25 Million DTC will be sold in total through several rounds)
- For the purpose of the sale, we will launch the DTube Chain Mainnet. However the DTube platform will still run on the Testnet (until step #3)
- Buyers will receive the "real" DTC token on their Mainnet wallet (but will not be able to use or transfer it at that point)
Step #3 -September/October: DTC IEO token sale rounds
DTube will conduct several other token sale rounds through an Initial Exchange Offering (IEO).
We already received offers from Top 20 exchanges to operate our token sale on their platform with their full marketing support and investor onboarding process.
At a glance
- Sale of the remaining 24 Million DTC through several rounds with the support of a major cryptocurrency exchange platform.
Step #4 -Q4, 2019: Airdrop, Mainnet launch and DTube v1.0
At the end of all token sale rounds, DTube will operate the release of the full DTube / DTC / DTube Chain ecosystem, managing the following steps:
- Launch v1.0 DTube platform out of Beta and connect it to the DTube Chain Mainnet, hence start the token social distribution and burning
- Disconnect and reset the Testnet chain
- Start the DTC token airdrop program to the DTube community (all DTube account holders -more to come on this in the following weeks)
At a glance
- 100 Million DTC tokens will be generated and distributed through IEO and Airdrop with:
- 50 Million to the DTube Community
- 25 Million to IEO investors
- 25 Million to the team and contributors
- At launch, DTube platform will switch from Testnet to Mainnet. Account balances will be reset thanks to IEO + airdrop but all social activity and profile information will be kept
- No need to claim your account, just connect with the same credentials as on Testnet and start playing the full feature DTC token!
To participate, you can claim your DTube account from your Steem account (16 days remaining)
To start earning DTC from your social contributions and participate to the upcoming token sale and airdrop, you need a DTube account
Thanksfully, claiming your DTube account is FREE and SUPER EASY:
Go to https://d.tube and click the "Claim account" then follow the 3 steps carefully.
What if it didn't work ?
If you don't see the popup above, follow this procedure:
1- Clear your browser cache
2- While on DTube, log out your steem account and refresh the page. Then log again to Steem, the pop-up should appear
- If you don't see the pop-up on a smartphone browser, please try it on a desktop computer.
- If you are using Steem Keychain it might also not work smoothly. If so, try connecting directly using the Sign In button on DTube
- If it hasn't worked or if you see an error message, please refresh the page and verify if your account has been created before doing the process again.
Join the DTube community and contribute!
DTube is going to the moon!
Help DTube become the next big thing in social media by sharing this article and engaging on our channels:
- Engage with the community on Discord
- Follow us on Twitter, Telegram and Linkedin
- Debate on our Reddit about the social blockchain
- Contribute to our open source project on Github
- Read our latest news on Medium