CO2Fund might be a worthwhile concept for companies to compensate their CO2 footprint.
The CO2 compensation for companies is based on two components:
1) Depending on the size of the company, there is a minimum compensation amount that is usually invested monthly in the CO2Fund and used for compensation projects through the acquisition of CO2Coins (symbol on the DEX Steem-Engine: COCO).
2) 20 to 100% of the compensation amount is additionally acquired by the company as an own investment and is transferred to the "escrow account" @co2com on the blockchain. With each payment of the CO2Fund to compensation projects, 20% of the CO2Coins acquired by the company are released from the "escrow account", which can then be sold or retained by the company.
The purpose of this concept is
- to make the commitment cost-effective or even a worthwhile investment through the increase in value of the CO2Coins held by the company and thus
- to provide an incentive for a higher compensation contribution as well as
- to win further long-term oriented investors for the CO2Coin COCO.
❗️The performance of the own investment may exceed the total costs which means a profit despite compensation costs.
Visibility and Connection to co2fund.cc
The projects off-blockchain website co2fund.cc will provide a list of companies that are engaged in compensating with CO2Fund and COCO.
Each company will get it's own web page reachable via QR-Code on a personalized banner to which it can refer to customers. See an example above.
Information about the CO2Fund you can read in the projects white paper.
- External link to CO2Fund's Website
- The CO2 Compensation Coin (Symbol: COCO) you can find on steem-engine.com.
- The number of currently hold CO2 Compensation Coins to support compensation projects you can see in CO2Fund's wallet.
- To nominate a CO2 compensation project please reply to this post.
- Step by step - a guide how to compensate.
CO2Fund is a project by @retinox