Dad Tip of the Day: Help your kids relax as it is essential for their mental health.
I enjoy relaxing and one of my favorite ways to relax is to lounge around, especially with a cup of coffee. If it is at night, relaxing on the couch with a cold beer is also a good way of lounging for me.
Having some downtime is very important as life can get quite crazy and hectic. Slowing down and forgetting about your worries and to-do list for a little bit can help re-center you and is important to your mental health.
Though it may seem like kids shouldn’t have a care in the world, the reality is that they can get stressed out or overstimulated to the point of having an impact on their mental well-being. A good way to counter that is to find ways to help them relax – like Jacob lounging right here:
I found a good article online that talks about the benefits of relaxation for kids, and also gives some practical tips: https://www.theschoolrun.com/why-relaxation-important-children
- Good mental health is essential for learning
- Tension is bad for concentration
- Parents can create a comfy space for a child to relax in with cushions, teddy bears, etc
- Parents should encourage their kids to tell them if they are tired or do not feel like doing a particular activity
- Parents shouldn’t overload their kids with too many out-of-school activities
- Parents can help their child relax with a warm bath and bedtime story
The bottom line is that relaxation is important for adults and for kids. So, now you have an excuse to do a little lounging!
Thanks for coming by today,