October is in the box! This blog post will cover last month’s highlights, activities, achievements, and unique content. Let’s take a look at what the team has been up to.
“October 2019 : another month of hard work for ARK as per usual. First off though, I’d like to commend the delegates of the ARK Devnet for a smooth rollout of Core v2.6 onto Devnet. Now that it has been deployed successfully, ARK launched a special bounty campaign for testing, and I invite all developers to participate. This month, we also released a well updated roadmap that will bring us through 2020. Our Subreddit has been improved with auto-generated questions sparking discussions and giving us valuable feedback. Our global Alexa ranking for ARK.io improved another 20% since last month, and we continue to power through Q4 roadmap items. Things are going quite well.”
Justin Renken, ARK.io Senior Brand Manager
OCTOBER’S TOP TWEET
OCTOBER ARK TIMELINE
***ArkTimeline.com* is a community resource built and maintained by the ARK Community Committee. The entire history of all ARK achievements and accomplishments are available there, and they are both sortable and filterable. Here’s a quick rundown for this past month:
- ARK Ecosystem Releases ARK Core Series: Multipayments
- ARK Ecosystem Releases ARK Core Series: Multisignature Server
- ARK Ecosystem Releases ARK Core Series: Schnorr’s Multisignatures
- ARK Ecosystem Announces AMA Session and Giveaways with Atomic Wallet on 24 October 2019
- ARK Announces ARK Development Roadmap Moving Towards 2020
- ARK Ecosystem Retweets 1st Episode of Crypto Trivia Night — BTC, XRP, Bitcoin Cash and More!
- ARK Retweets Hacker Noon’s Tutorial On How to Develop Blockchain Applications
- ARK Ecosystem Introduces ARK Answers: An Interative Hub for Community Engagements
- ARK Ecosystem Announces ARK Subreddit Now Has New Community Engagement Improvements
- ARK Highlights ARK Public Network Surpassed 10 Million Blocks!
- ARK Ecosystem Announces ARK Core v2.6 is Now Live on Devnet
- ARK Ecosystem Highlights ARK Worked with the University of Maribor to Introduce Students to the World of Blockchain
- ARK Ecosystem Announces ARK Core v2.6 Launching on Devnet and Helping Test to Earn ARK
- ARK Ecosystem Announces ARK Onboards Atomic Mobile Wallet Platform
- ARK Ecosystem is Seeking a Growth Marketer to Join ARK Team
- ARK Releases ARK Mobile Wallet v1.5.5 Which Fixes Peer Connection Issues
- ARK Announces Crypto Trivia Night Hosted by ARK is Coming to Los Angeles
- See what the future holds for ARK at Roadmap.ARK.io.
This month I traveled to Las Vegas, NV to attend the World Crypto Conference and World Crypto Poker Tournament. I played in the tournament, did media interviews, checked in with some new exchanges using ARK, and dished out ARK to people in the promotion of the new YouTube channel Crypto Trivia Night. If you missed it, check it out below:
OCTOBER POWERED BY ARK UPDATE
The **Powered by ARK Program aims to help recognize, support and collaborate with projects building on ARK’s technology. The first accepted official partner is nOS**, the virtual operating system for the Smart Economy. Here’s a brief update and remarks from Dean van Dugteren, nOS Founder and CEO:
(Re: Development) “It’s going great! We just released the public testnet, explorer, staking app, we’ve got custom transactions running with the Generic Transaction Interface… development is going very smoothly. The mainnet is what we’re working towards now.”
(Re: PBA Program) “It has been fantastic. It actually brought me here [Las Vegas]… there have been so many opportunities and networking things… its basically one of the most valuable crypto-to-crypto partnership type things that a project could have.”
Dean van Dugteren, nOS Founder and CEO
You can track nOS’s progress via their **blog by clicking here**.
Ask-Me-Anythings were conducted during this month featuring ARK team members answering questions by the community on Slack.ARK.io. AMA Transcripts are now available on the ARK.io resource ARK Answers. Here’s the list for this past month:
- ARK Core AMA with Joshua
- ARK Deployer AMA with Vini
- ARK Desktop Wallet AMA with Alex
- ARK Mobile Wallet AMA with Lucio
Follow ARK on Twitter for invitations to join future AMAs.
OCTOBER DEVELOPER ROUNDTABLE
The ARK Developer Roundtable is a monthly video call, conducted by ARK.io Chief Technical Officer (CTO), Kristjan Košič. These calls allow a unique opportunity to present information to the community and gain valuable insight from community developers. Here’s last month’s meeting:
Follow ARK on Twitter for invitations to join future roundtables.
OCTOBER DEVELOPMENT REPORT
The ARK Monthly Development Report covers all pull requests (opened, closed, merged) as well as all issues opened and closed in every ARK Ecosystem public repository, the number of contributors during that month, the number of new stargazers, and total lines of GitHub code added or deleted (**check October’s report here).**
OCTOBER NETWORK REPORT
This network report summarizes network activity on the ARK Public Network for the recent month.
Total Network Transactions
Avg per block: 0.5194
Transfers: 173,318 (99.61%)
Second Signatures: 7 (0.00%)
Votes: 656 (0.38%)
Delegate Registrations: 9 (0.00%)
1,707 unique wallets sent an outgoing transaction.
Full: 743 (0.22%)
Empty: 325,551 (97.18%)
Non-empty: 8,701 (2.60%)
Total Network Fees
Total: 3521.36938701 Ѧ
Transfers: 3192.81008473 Ѧ
Second Signatures: 25.02000000 Ѧ
Votes: 150.47940641 Ѧ
Delegate Registrations: 153.05989587 Ѧ
Total Network Votes
Voting Wallets: 41,828
Voting Wallets > 1 ARK: 19,088
Total ARK Voting: 82,536,257.69230186 Ѧ
The ***ARK Crypto Podcast* releases weekly episodes all about ARK, featuring interviews, monologues, tutorials, reports, presentations and more. The show aims for a 30-minute runtime and releases new episodes every Friday. Subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, Castbox and more. Check out the episodes released this month:
The podcast will return after some upgrades and content refactors.
The following month for ARK will focus on extensive public testing of Core v2.6 on Devnet. There are specialized bounties running that award developers ARK. We will also be graduating the first group of ARK Advocates, five talented ARK enthusiasts who will become certified to speak about ARK in their local area according to the ARK Advocate Program. Core v2.6 is quite a large upgrade to the network, and the team and community are very focused on successful testing.
Take a short three-minute feedback survey so we can learn more about your opinions on how we’re doing. We review and track this feedback and use it to further improve our efforts.
Here’s a quick list of what your first steps might be to get involved with ARK:
- Join our community on Slack or Reddit
- Launch an ARK community service
- Contribute code and earn ARK
- Launch an ARK node and campaign for forging status
- Create a blockchain in three simple steps
Looking forward to November!