Hempcrete Chicken coop update


F9C13350-3B4F-4346-9D1E-5AC6C7B5308A.jpeg
Back before vacation I finished casting the roof . I used the 21/2 to one ratio of lime to birds. The metal studs seem to be doing quite well. I see no sign of corrosion from the lime. I then covered the roof with OSB that I salvaged from some old crating.
F39761F6-A154-4C95-A016-BAE4AF877080.jpeg
In the last couple of weeks I have started casting the walls.
02A3530C-9185-4D5B-B5EB-DB3871DB50BA.jpeg
Here is a picture of the north side my mix for the walls has been 3 to 1 by volume 3 parts hemp birds and 7/8 type N hydrated lime 1/8 fast setting drywall compound.
96F60366-EDE9-4CA7-B977-034D154DBA1E.jpeg
On the east side of the coop I tried a different formula. I used ISG Diamond coat plaster instead of the fast setting compound. This did not work all that well.I did not get a very good hydraulic set. This is making the Casting more fragile till the lime cures out.
A5473508-F9B9-4E3A-9715-CD4455653572.jpeg
If things go as planned I will be casting the front this week.
Thanks for reading my post!
I am happy to take advice or answer questions on Hempcrete construction techniques.
If you have a project you would like done please contact me.


Comments 3



This post was shared in the Curation Collective Discord community for curators, and upvoted and resteemed by the @c-squared community account after manual review.
@c-squared runs a community witness. Please consider using one of your witness votes on us here

03.09.2019 18:52
1

Thank you!

Posted using Partiko iOS

03.09.2019 19:23
0

This promoted content generated 0.062 STEEM in curation reward payback. Thanks for using Steemium.

08.09.2019 16:04
0