Today was a quiet and peaceful day and I've generally enjoyed it. I did some drawing and doodling, reading and learning throughout the day and I'm pretty much happy with what I've done.
I'll share with you the crazy things I've done.
"My head is full of crazies"
"Idea of tutorial with spider tanks"
"The lone friendly wanderer"
It was so fun to do those. I would suggest to you to do something fun every day. Even if it's for 10-15-20 minutes. Refuse to grow up, stay a child, nourish your fun side. Do whatever is fun to you and enjoy it as much as you can. Do it even if it's just for a short time every day.
The tutorial part
"Tutorial on how to draw a snowman in 8 steps"
- Start with base shapes, a circle and a smaller box with rounded edges
- Add some basic detail - don't worry if those are just shapes
- Define those details - the image is slowly taking shape
Now you can either leave as it is and do another one, or you can go further and use fine liners.
- Use fine liner to outline the details you're happy with
- When you are done, you can wait a little and use eraser to remove the pencil marks
- You can use various line thickness to add some variety and help image to stand out
- Use whatever you like to color the image
- Take note on light / shadow areas - you can note that if you're following this tutorial. I've used pencil to shade the image a little to point out the shadow but you can use a bit darker color for shadows. Or if you're using markers you can use the same color and just add one more layer over the same color to darken it a bit.
- And that's it! You've drawn your cute snowman.
I hope you had fun :)
If you did the tutorial, post your result in the comments :)
I'll reward every entry with an upvote :)
All sketches, drawings and photos are my own.
Keep doing what you like and have fun!