Sharpay development update | 2019–06–18


sharing114.jpg

Dear Sharpay Supporters!

Sharpay development update: standardized table names in our database, field names in all tables, replaced all empty and 0 values with null values for refactoring purposes, updated Linkedin API and fixed a sharing bug, etc.

Recently, we are working on our new 2019’ UI / UX upgrade, but we will not stop improving our Sharpay share buttons. We would like to tell you some of our completed tasks:

1) Standardized table names in our database. First, we reviewed all the SQL command and the table names in our database. Then, we corrected and fixed all the table names. Since we have written a lot of codes during the development, we fixed more than 1,600 commands and codes.

2) Standardized field names in all tables. When we standardized the table names in our database, we also found and standardized all field names in all tables. For example, for all fields that contain “users”, “user” is shortened and standardized to “u”.

3) Replaced all empty and 0 values with null values in our database. First, we made a small script to check and find all the columns which contained empty or 0 values. We found that at least 10 different tables (e.g. user account table, social media log table, sit conversion table) needed to be fixed. We checked and replaced all the empty and 0 values with null values for refactoring purposes.

4) Updated Linkedin API and fixed a sharing bug. Recently, Linkedin has updated their API and users were not able to share news via Linkedin. The new version of the API is significantly different from the old one, we had to study, rework and re-debug. We updated the Linkedin API to v2 version and fixed the sharing bug.

5) Adjusted the number of bonuses accrued upon sharing on social networks. We found a sharing bonus bug that occurred when sharing did not go through to the social networks. The bonus calculation did not reduce the sharing bonus even for failed sharing actions. We have added the bonus recalculation before generating the bonus transactions.

6) Corrected the project deletion error. If a website project has conversion events created, but the project is not active, there will be an error when the webmaster tries to delete the project. We fixed this error by removing the site related records for the project deletion.

7) Checked the output status of pending tokens. We found that some users had problems with their pending conversion bonuses, the pending conversion bonuses did not get approved after 24 hour. We fixed the user’s wallet for showing declined conversion bonuses.

In Sharing We Trust!
Sharpay.io Team


Comments 0