DataBroker DAO is the world’s first marketplace of IoT sensor data that offers the stakeholders involved in the generation process the chance to trade and negotiate their collected data using a platform backed by communication services operating under networks based on existing technologies such as GSM, Lora, SigFox or any distinctive sensor operator. Sensor owners, data buyers, and networks operators can work with a company that is looking to lay the foundations to buy or sell the unused data of IoT sensors for diverse uses that create different venues for services that could improve the quality of life in cities or the working conditions in remote locations.
DataBoroker is a decentralized data market, which is the first supplier of IoT sensors. Owners of such sensors on the DAO platform will be able to convert the generated data into streaming revenue, and also to sell data in a simple, transparent and efficient way. In a sense, DAO DataBroker can be compared to a "secondary market" for IoT sensor data, such as Amazon.
Databroker Dao’s Important Role
A marketplace for sensor data is something niche that could become a revelation for both the data owners and seekers. This type of data is that unique to the extent that it only attracts people who understand what this data means. That being said, Databroker Dao could play an important role in promoting sensor data trading. This marketplace could become the reliable place in which data owners and data seekers meet.
I believe that the team behind Databroker Dao are fully aware of the fact that they are currently the only marketplace that focuses on the transaction of sensor data, because if not, I would not be capable to comprehend their point of making sensor data, the type with a limited and specific target market, as their main focus. That being said, the team’s focus should remain on how to make Databroker Dao’s brand goes as global as possible.
The main problems of the industry are:
- The growth of investments in this industry is staggering while the marketplace infrastructure is lacking
- All data captured by the IOT devices go into locked up silos. It means in the majority of cases, the data is not monetized
- IOT sensors cost a lot of money. The maintenance is also expensive. There must be a way to earn some money by providing information to interested parties
DataBroker DAO is the first marketplace that will connect sensor owners with purchasers of the data directly.
Of course, we shouldn’t forget about the competitors. We talked about IOTA, but forgot STREAMR. STREAMR is concentrated on replacing IoT stack, from top to bottom, with the Streamr solution. Basically, they need to replace the industry with 30 billion sensors.
- Using the ERC20 protocol, the utility token will have 18 decimal places to handle micropayments for many potential devices
- Pre-sale March 19th, 2018 4PM CET
- 1 ETH = 4000 DTX + 2000 bonus (during pre-sale)
- Minimum 10 ETH (during pre-sale)
- Public sale March 26th, 2018 4PM CET
- 1 ETH = 4000 DTX (10% bonus on day one)
- Ends April 23rd, 2018 4PM CET
- Known exchanges available on April 30th, 2018 Chankura.com
- Total Supply 225,000,000 tokens
The project team
The following specialists are behind the Databroker DAO platform project:
- Matthew van Nierkerk, CEO and co-founder. MBA, a serial entrepreneur, founded and successfully launched two businesses in Japan. Worked as CTO in a large Japanese bank. The Founder Of The SettleMint.
- Roderick van der Vere, CTO and co-founder. The founder and developer of the platform for the sale of computer equipment, has CTO experience working. Cofounder of SettleMint.
- Frank van Gertruden, co-founder. Specialist in marketing and communications with 20 years of experience.
- Jonathan Johnson, Counselor. President of Medici Ventures.
- Patrick Byrne, Counselor. CEO of Overstock.com.